the validation tool at the windows download centre does not launch so i cont get a validation code a

N

NewsBot

I just want to download the Windows NT Backup Restore Utility for Windows 7 so I can run my backup (.bkf) from my external hard drive as follows

How to Use a BKF File
BKF files are backups created using the NTBackup utility in Windows XP. These files could easily be opened on old XP computers to restore your data, but Windows 7 computers don't have any software capable of handling them. In order to open a BKF file, you'll
have to download the Windows NT Backup Restore Utility for Windows 7. This utility is available from Microsoft at no charge through its Support Center.
But i cant even get to stage one and run the validation tool. Nothing happens when I click on continue.
Very very frustrating. I just want my old computer back :(

Begin genuine Windows validation
<ol>
<li>
Run the validation tool.
Click Continue to launch the validation tool. When prompted, click Open or Run this program from its current location. The tool will collect information about your computer hardware and software that will determine whether your Windows installation is genuine
and provide you with a code that you will use in Step 2 below. It does not collect or send any information that can be used to identify you or contact you. Please read the
<a href="http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/genuine/faq" target="_blank">
Windows Genuine Advantage program FAQ</a> to learn more about what information is collected, why it is needed, and how it is used.

</li></ol>

View the thread

Back