Unable to install SP3 - stuck on copying ispcnerr.ht_

M

mrbw

Hi everyone...hope someone can help..

Some time ago had same problem with SP3 RC2. Spent few hours trying to do it, deinstalled half of the programs that could have been causing this like: Daemon Tools, Hide Folders XP, Ideazone Z Engine, Nod32, all the anti spyware stuff, etc... Tried intstalling from safe mode. too. Nothing worked in the end and I slowly destroyed my OS, had to reinstall. Gave up hoping the final SP3 will take care of it.

Today I tried to install Final RTM SP3 on 100% working system of win XP Pro SP2 with all the current updates installed.
Same as in previous, above experience everything goes fine untill instalation tries to copy file ispcnerr.ht_ It gets stuck with Copy Error and I get:

"An error occuerd while copying file ispcnerr.ht_."
"Cannot copy file to destination directory."

Both file are there and all the directories look fine. My destination ispcnerr.htm is there and totally deletable/editable so its not lock by anything. Everything seems normal, my HDDs are 100% working, plenty of space, etc.. Permissions are not a problem. I've thinked of everything and can't figure it out.

I found a thread about registry permissions and using a tool "subinacl", I did that too and its still the same.

What is going on here, please someone help.

Let me know if you need me to add any details.

My PC is 100% stable so we can rule out the hardware problems.

Continue reading...

Back