UNATTEND.XML, SYSPREP and ME

L

LisaLow

Folks,
We are currently running Windows XP and are in the process of moving to Windows 7 (POC phase). We have developed a base image that runs in a virtual machine for now and an answer file.
I have tried the following (all of which have failed):

• [ ]Using a virtual floppy with the attached answer file renamed as autoattend.xml
    [ ]Placing the attached answer file in the SYSPREP folder
    [ ]Running sysprep and specifying the answer file with syntax (see below).
The syntax I used is as follows sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize /reboot /unattend:c:\windows\system32\sysprep\unattend.xml

When the virtual machine reboots, the virtual machine enters OOBE and prompts me for the usual OOBE type questions e.g. Country/Region, Time/Date, Keyboard Layout, Product Key, Activation Settings, License Terms Acceptance and local admin password changes. Is this because I don’t have any entries in the OOBESYSTEM section of the answer file?

I seem to have more success with my answer file when using the following syntax sysprep.exe /audit /generalize /reboot /unattend:c:\windows\system32\sysprep\unattend.xml however, this has the undesired effect once the virtual machine has automatically rebooted of loading SYSPREP with the options of OOBE and shutdown being set (I can of course cancel SYSPREP).
Do I just have the SYSPREP syntax wrong?
What about using OOBE.XML?
Lisa

Continue reading...

Back