Uninstall connection manager service profiles remotely

P

Plindgren

So im trying to find a way to uninstall Connection manager service profiles remotely. Right now we are using a script to slipstream its installation when we deploy. but since we've now upgraded out VPN connection we need to uninstall these profiles and install new ones. Our software deployment solution is having issues installing just this particular service for our users. So we have resorted to scripts.
This line works for installing silently:
"\\domain.com\dfsnamespace\ServiceProfileFileName.exe" /q:a /c:"c:\windows\system32\cmstp.exe ServiceProfileFileName.inf /s /ns"
But the parameters for uninstalling, which this article http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/cmstp.mspx?mfr=true states i cannot get to work.
I have tried:
"\\domain.com\dfsnamespace\ServiceProfileFileName.exe" /q:a /c:"c:\windows\system32\cmstp.exe ServiceProfileFileName.inf /s /u"
"\\domain.com\dfsnamespace\ServiceProfileFileName.exe" /c:"c:\windows\system32\cmstp.exe ServiceProfileFileName.inf /s /u"
"\\domain.com\dfsnamespace\ServiceProfileFileName.exe" /q:a /c:"c:\windows\system32\cmstp.exe ServiceProfileFileName.inf /x"
"\\domain.com\dfsnamespace\ServiceProfileFileName.exe" /q:a /c:"c:\windows\system32\cmstp.exe ServiceProfileFileName.inf /u"
And i cannot figure out why it doesnt work.
So either i would like some help with the commandline or an alternative way to uninstall the connection manager service profile.

Much thanks!

Continue reading...

Back