Uninstall Specific Office Apps

C

Chrissthom2

I am preparing Office 2007 packages to deploy to a client of approx 1200 seats via SMS 2003.
About 5% of the target machines have 2007 installed already. I am looking to uninstall Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook off these machines (I.E. not uninstall other apps such as Access, InfoPath, Publisher, Visio Viewer, etc...) and reinstall with the standard set of install bits.
With the Office 2007 OCT I can uninstall individual components that are prior to Office 2007 but not at 2007. I have been looking to accomplish this by leveraging the setup.exe in the MSOCache directory and then creating a config.xml file to point at that names the target Office suite. In the config.xml there is an "Option State" setting that I thought would allow me to uninstall specific Office components but research and testing have not proven this out. It appears the Option State value is only for install and not uninstall.
Question: What is the best approach for uninstalling individual Office 2007 components by leveraging scripting?

Continue reading...

Back