Update from Rob/New LP album release date?

[LP] In The End

"Rob reports they have been working in pairs out of there home studios and trading ideas. He says they have about 50 rough songs that will narrow down to around 15 for the album and the band members are soon heading into the pre-production studio to start to record."

-source:forfeitthegame.com

Also, LPclub.org reports that Linkin Park's new album will be released on May 26!!!

-source: LPTimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - thanks for that info.
But why do you suppose that it is (and has been for like, ever) that LPU is slow when it comes to updating official info. Generally if I want to know what's going on about the band I don't go to LPU, I got to places like TLPT and LPA first (or here *grin*). The newsletter isn't that huge of a deal (is to me for obvious reasons, but by and large it's basic 'we're still here' news) but there's not mention of it yet on the official site. It blows that the band's own site is like the last place to tell us crap that the rest of the web has already leaked/provided/uploaded. Sucks, really. Someone's not doing their job properly - if Fansites (Jas from TLPT should be the seventh and honorary LP member for his dedication I think *smirk*) have the news first... what's the band's official sitekeepers doing?
*blowing off steam*
I know... they have their reasons I guess. Just venting. Anyone else from LPU notice this or am I just being hyper-sensitive, as usual? :(

(Moved thread to LP News. This certainly is news xD)

Lol, I wish I was part of the LPU to know =( Must join this year once the new album drops! The official website don't really tell us much though, thank god for all the fan sites with all the updates! You're probably right though Rav, such lazy ass bishes!

That's great news! May isn't TOO far away. That's awesome, I really can't wait now :D:D I want a preview of the 50 songs lol damn. Lp are back on track where they belong :)

*screams like a catholic school girl who is deeply in love with justin timberlake. and he has just walked out of some random building with a shirt on. but he spills his gatorade all over and takes off his shirt. he then runs up to the girl and runs his chest on her. thats the type of scream id be sdcreaming if i could scream with out in turn making my dad and sister angry enough to scream at me.*

yea good news. real good. why cant it be twenty?

awesome this kicks ass. i now have the date written down on my calender. this is the best news ever. now I can go to french class happy ><

dudes.... i got a [LP] update fromm rob saying

What's up Linkin Park Fans. I know it's been a long time since we've had a chance to see you guys face to face. I miss playing shows and look forward to seeing all you of you in mid-late '06.
We have been writing new songs for the next LP album for the last three months or so. We have been working in pairs out of our home studios and trading ideas with each other every few weeks. Now that we have a bunch of material, we are going to head into a pre-production studio where we will all be working together. We have three separate rooms to work out of at the studio, which is really cool because we can still work individually if we need to. I personally like taking song ideas and working on the drums for a while on my own before letting the other guys hear what I have come up with. Songs can be passed around from room to room so each of us can add in our part. Since we are all there together we can help each other to develop each of our parts and create the best songs possible. It is the ultimate creative environment for how we write music, since we write by recording into a computer, not by jamming together. We currently have around 50 rough ideas for songs, which will be narrowed down to about 15 when we enter the recording studio. We are very excited about the work we have done so far, and working hard to get it done so you guys can hear it. Look for more info on our new album in the coming months on LinkinPark.com.

I 'm sure fans alloverthe world are excited...

azemkamikaze03 said:
*screams like a catholic school girl who is deeply in love with justin timberlake. and he has just walked out of some random building with a shirt on. but he spills his gatorade all over and takes off his shirt. he then runs up to the girl and runs his chest on her. thats the type of scream id be sdcreaming if i could scream with out in turn making my dad and sister angry enough to scream at me.*

same^^

greatest news ever

Back