Upgraded from Windows Vista ultimate to Windows 7 professional

J

Jerry Ferro

I upgraded my computer from Vista ultimate to Windows 7 professional about two years ago. I had added a new hard drive to my computer at that time and labeled it the C drive. I got a great deal on Windows 7 professional upgrade and thought that I did a clean install on the new CD drive leaving Vista on the old drive which I relabeled drive I. As I said, everything worked great though the computer would show a dual-boot option upon startup. About two months ago I decided to remove Vista because I no longer needed it and could use the hard drive space for other programs. To make a long story short, everything I have tried to do that fails. I chose to utilize Microsoft support through the new chat option and was told that I cannot remove Vista because my upgraded version of Windows 7 still uses files on the Vista Drive. I have read numerous articles here where Vista was able to be removed. Please give me some advice as the technician told me that I had to restore Windows Vista and then reinstall Windows 7 on the same drive as the Vista Drive. Doing so at this point and reinstalling all my programs would be a nightmare. Do I have to do that?

Continue reading...

Back