User Account Profile Gone Screwy

R

RichDenman

Hi Guys,
I am new here but have a reasonable IT background but need some speciaist advice.

I have most of my user profile data stored on a NAS and I have previously moved the locations of these by navigating to %userprofile% right clicking on "my documents"->Properties and then changin the file path in the location tab.

This is the only way that I could get the locations to appear in the Win 7 Document Libraries because the NAS partition is formated in EXT2 file format and Windows 7 can not index it so it wont add it to a library.

However by changing the location as stated in paragraph 1 solves the problem as it looks to %Userprofile%\My documents which the routes to the NAS. I have had this set up previously and it is currently set up on another user account

However something lately has gone screwy and the userprofile folders that I migrated are no longer being seen as my music/my pictures/mydocuments. Instead they now appear as blank empty folders and they dont have the location tab. Does anyone have any idea how I can recreate this folders in the %UserProfile% folder? I can no longer access any of my docs from document librarys which is really irritating.
The folder location in the registry is set to the correct network location using a mapped network drive but the Icons in %userprofile% have disappeared
Many thanks

Continue reading...

Back