What bands are like Linkin Park?

blackiepark said:
there's no other band like linkin park i guess..because lp is so unique..they sound different from different... :)

thats exactly the way i was going to post it.....LP is unique and I don't think theres any other bands that sound like them

stupidsoul1 said:
sorry to tell u this there was another thread like this...anyway welcome to the forums

i think sum41 is kinda similar because listenin 2 their songs they say stuff like i cannot take this any more ....and its easier to run

Yeah... there's a song on Chuck that has a similar flow to One Step Closer... and they say I cannot take this anymore :S it's a resemblance... but I didn't like the way it sounded, it sounded forced. I do't know. I like Sum41, but this last cd.. I don't know, I can't say I loved it :rolleyes:
Anyway, aside from that coindicence, I don't think sum41 sound like Linkin Park, and right now I can't seem to think of any band that does...

Yah, I started a topic about this a while ago... and it was crazy because that thing about Sum 41's Chuck... I was listening to the song "There's no solution" and I thought it sounded kinda Linkin Park-ish... But then I read a review of the album and it said the same thing...it was weird...

The old thread was HERE
It has what I originally said, it has a link to the review of "Chuck", and it has what some people said...

Yeah they are unique. Recently, a rap band called "Blazin Squad" from here (Uk) *They are 18-19 year old rappers from London lol* said that they wanted to develop into a Linkin Park kinda style. It'll be hilarious though just because they're totally different, and I don't think they'll pull it off completly. But it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Anyway I can't think of any songs / bands that sound like LP.

i think some of Deftones songs sound LP'ish...but maybe thats because they were one of LPs influences...or at least i think they were anyways...i dunno...but yeah...

to me, i think Linkin Park sounds similar to Limp Bizkit. one thing for sure is they both have DJs. some of the rock songs LB has sounds like some of the rock songs LP has. well at least thats what i think.

BizkitPark21 said:
to me, i think Linkin Park sounds similar to Limp Bizkit. one thing for sure is they both have DJs. some of the rock songs LB has sounds like some of the rock songs LP has. well at least thats what i think.

plus, thats how i got into linkin park when i listened to them. when i first listened to Crawling, i thought they sounded similar to LB.

some songs by other numetal bands like korn, limp bizkit, p.o.d. of course sound like lp but other than that i don't think so

meteora500 said:
i think some of Deftones songs sound LP'ish...but maybe thats because they were one of LPs influences...or at least i think they were anyways...i dunno...but yeah...

I think the same way.... but LP still have "something" that Deftones doesn't have. Btw, Deftones is a great band.

blackiepark said:
there's no other band like linkin park i guess..because lp is so unique..they sound different from different... :)
i agree, but there are some bands that a lot of linkin park fans also like.

For example:
The Used
Three Days Grace
Evanescence
My Chemical romance
The Killers

and others

linkinpark-1 said:
i agree, but there are some bands that a lot of linkin park fans also like.

For example:
The Used
Three Days Grace
Evanescence
My Chemical romance
The Killers

and others
exactly! Linkin Park is totally unique... even though there are some bands that KINDA sound like them... and i would add to LP1's list:

Story of the Year
Deftones
Adema
Sum41
(some bands were mencioned in other posts)

Amy Shinoda said:
exactly! Linkin Park is totally unique... even though there are some bands that KINDA sound like them... and i would add to LP1's list:

Story of the Year
Deftones
Adema
Sum41
(some bands were mencioned in other posts)

Yeah, in the song "Giving In", the voice of the Adema's vocalist (I dunno his name =P) is so similar to Chester's voice. Sometimes, I dunno when Chester is singing or when the other is singing!

Back