What happened to Hahn?

C_Blade

So what I've heard is Hahn still makes the beats to the songs and such like that, but what happened to his turntable? The other two albums (not including Reanimation, which he was all over) had one solo track from him each, and songs like With You, Points of Authority, he plays huge parts in, but in several other songs he has at least some scratching. Even though it was a small part, why would they get rid of that?

Yeah, sad thing is, real recently I saw a review from a fairly retarded-seeming guy who reviewed the CD and said that he really didn't like it, but the one plus was that "the band have dropped most of their unpopular elements such as the turntablism of Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda's MC-ing". So that made me mad, and think about it. It made me wonder if Linkin Park really is trying to conform, because I know there were quite a few people against all the rap in LP, and Mike does that MUCH less. And if that's the case...I'd be mad.

The truth:

Hahn did quite a lot of scratching on the CD, about the same as he did for Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but when it came time to mix the CD, his scratching was muted and removed from the CD. By who? Noone knows. He also made a solo track for the CD that was finalized but the rest of the band thought it didn't fit the style of the CD so it didn't make the final cut.

There, you have the truth.

Appreciate it. Sometimes, the truth hurts. The fact that it didn't fit the "style" of the CD makes me even more...unhappy. Maybe if they didn't mute his scratches it would've. He might as well throw the turntable away if they're going to change their entire band like that.

*takes 3 deep breaths and walks away*

I always saw Hahn as the lead guitarist of the group, seeing as how he did like solos in the songs, but now he and brad have switched jobs! lmao, for the first time the "Lead Guitarist" is now the lead guitarist

The truth:

Hahn did quite a lot of scratching on the CD, about the same as he did for Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but when it came time to mix the CD, his scratching was muted and removed from the CD. By who? Noone knows. He also made a solo track for the CD that was finalized but the rest of the band thought it didn't fit the style of the CD so it didn't make the final cut.

There, you have the truth.
Yep Mark is right about that... :) :p

I think if you listen closely there's still a lot of his stuff on the cd

the hip hop/electric beats that are on tracks like In Pieces are most likely done by him
plus yeah there's still some of his stuff on the album, you just gotta listen for it

he still has a role. i guess its only fair because before think about how before rob and brad and phoenix didn't really have much of a "role" they just did riffs and **** now Brad has what two solos and a slight more than just riffs. Bass is a lot more noticeable, and Rob gets the luxury of finding out how the hell he plans to play all those drums live. i guess every band mate has to have their time to shine and ****. When you think of Linkin Park the majority of the people think about Mike becuase i guess he kind of is the more popular and versatile than the other mates so now they wanna give Chester his time to really earn some respect for what he can do.

not to mention they changed up the style big time.

Back