What's the PopRock?

I don't know if I'd call Avril pop-rock. Rock plain and simple would suit her more.

Kelly Clarkson, Ashley Simpson, Simple Plan, etc.. they're pop-rock.

Moving to other bands section.
(and if anyone fionds that avatar offensive, pm me)

you don't call avril rock just bc she has some electric guitar in her songs.

pop rock bands in my opinion are bands like coldplay, those britpop bands and also modest mouse. i like that kinda music

Friðbjörn said:
you don't call avril rock just bc she has some electric guitar in her songs.

pop rock bands in my opinion are bands like coldplay, those britpop bands and also modest mouse. i like that kinda music

I wouldn't call Modest Mouse pop rock yet. Yeah, they had a couple of songs from their new album on the radio. But if you look at their whole catalogue before that, it's raw aggressive indie rock with no hint of pop. Pop rock is supposed to be friendly to a wide demographic. Modest Mouse is not that. A lot of the lyrics deal with death and therefore won't fit in with that criteria.

Toxic1 said:
I wouldn't call Modest Mouse pop rock yet. Yeah, they had a couple of songs from their new album on the radio. But if you look at their whole catalogue before that, it's raw aggressive indie rock with no hint of pop. Pop rock is supposed to be friendly to a wide demographic. Modest Mouse is not that. A lot of the lyrics deal with death and therefore won't fit in with that criteria.
it can be pop rock whether they write their lyrics on death or watever their lyrics are about. anyway, i haven't heard modest mouse before they became famous. i didn't and don't have the chance to. i know their definition is indie rock but their sound is like what i consider pop rock. pop rock is a lot of things, especially to me, even BTH is pop rock to me. pop rock to me is music that sounds a bit like pop and a bit like rock. aside from lyrics, BTH could be written by maroon 5 or bon jovi or some other pop bands. every band has their mellow, slow, or quiet song. lp has bth, korn has alone i break and metallica has nothing else matters
and oh, did you know the singer was struggling with alchoholism and the drummer was admitted in a mental hospital while they were recording "good news for people who love bad news" ?

Back