Why does Microsoft Security Essential keep telling me I haven't run a scan, and displays an...

M

mtnbeebalm

The first time I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials, everything seemed to be running smoothly, the little icon was green, and the indication was that everything was on , and running. After a week or so, suddenly the icon was orange with an exclamation mark inside. I ran a quick scan and a full scan. The icon turned green, and all indicators pointed to a working program. Within an hour or so, maybe shorter, the icon was orange and the message was that I hadn't run a scan in a while! I uninstalled everything, made double sure that nothing was still installed from Norton's 360 that I could detect, and re-installed MES....that was last week. Today, the icon was orange again...same indicators...that a scan hadn't been run...I ran a quick scan yesterday....I ran a full scan today. Again, after about an hour, maybe less since I've run the full scan, the icon is orange, and the message is that I haven't run a scan in a while. Any suggestions? ...or info as to what I need to do?
Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back