Why does Office 7 run so different on Windows 7. Some features missing

N

NewsBot

We have just changed from XP to WIndows 7 and one of our Account Supervisors are finding it different to work with.
In Excel in the number format you can't format negative numbers in red and ( ).  You can set up a custom but then you have to set it up for all documents.  You can set up a Macro which he did but it is an additional step.  In Accounting this is a normal
practice to you brackets around negative numbers. 

He has found in Power Point that was created in Office 7 on XP is he embedded a spreadsheet worked on it then came out it would automatically autosize the sheet back to fit the slide on his new machine if he works with the embedded spreadsheet it doesn't
resize it's self and leaves the spread sheet showing outside the slide.  He has a number of Presentations that he uses from year to year and he is starting to worry that it is going to take a lot of time with his new system. 

One of the neat things that worked in XP was the ability in the Open screen of any of the suites application that you could create a shortcut to in the left hand side of that screen that would allow a person to open a folder quickly instead of creating a
mapped drive. 

These are a few of the things that only cropped up after we moved from XP to Windows 7.  I have never seen an operating system change the way a program runs .  I have seen changes on how to open a program but not the internal workings. 

If you have any ideas on how to correct the problems that I have listed above please let me know. 

View the thread

Back