Why Does This Happen?

ImWithStupid

As of July 17th 2008, every state has "Safe Haven" laws so that kids that are unwanted can be left in a safe place, without fear of prosecution...

Hide-and-seek turns up abandoned baby in bushes

Fri Aug 29, 6:40 PM ET

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - A 6-year-old girl playing hide-and-seek with her grandmother found a newborn baby girl abandoned in a vacant lot next to her home.

Lilliana Williams-Rodriguez told her grandmother Thursday evening that she had found a doll in the bushes.

But Thelma Williams, 55, who has six children, knew right away the baby lying motionless in the weeds near a basketball hoop was no doll. She called 911 and wrapped the baby in clothing until firefighters arrived.

Police estimated the child was born an hour or two before she was discovered. The baby girl was taken to the hospital with a fever but was expected to recover.

The infant, partially wrapped in a black shirt, still had her umbilical cord attached, said police Sgt. Tom Connellan. Police weren't sure if she was born at the scene or brought there and abandoned. They were searching for the infant's mother.

The state's Abandoned Infant Protection law allows parents unable to care for their newborns to leave them, no questions asked, with a responsible person at a hospital, police station or fire station.

Hide-and-seek turns up abandoned baby in bushes - Yahoo! News

I hope the message of these laws will be put out there so this is a story that is never reported again.

No open lines of communication with the parents, and/or fear. That is why little Caylee Anthoney is dead. Her grandmother insisted Casey have her, which turned out to be tragic for the little girl.

How can a parent not know that their daughter is pregnant? Atlantic is right though...fear/and being far too young. I think the drop off facilities are a great idea. In theory it is unbelievable, but babies thrown in dumpsters and bushes etc. , and abortions shouldn't be the only option for these girls. There are plenty of unsupportive and derelect parents out there. At least these facilities will give them a choice.

atlantic said:
No open lines of communication with the parents, and/or fear. That is why little Caylee Anthoney is dead. Her grandmother insisted Casey have her, which turned out to be tragic for the little girl.

God... my heart wrenches every time I see Caylee's pictures, she was so beautiful and bright eyed.

Is there no chance that she's alive? I haven't really followed this story. Did they find her?

snafu said:
It's not illegal! Just goes to show you it doesn't matter.

Maybe this miserable wretch was so fat that she had no idea she was pregnant.

snafu said:
It happens because people are stupid.

I say, a good 95% of the population of earth are indeed stupid.

snafu said:
It happens because people in our society accept the practice.

I tell you what, it's not accepted in my parent's household. It's not accepted in my sisters' household(s). And it is most certainly not accepted in my household.

snafu said:
It happens because we are losing our morals as a society.

And it's always the children who suffer, because they are often the target of abuse and neglect.

emkay64 said:
Is there no chance that she's alive? I haven't really followed this story. Did they find her?

Not yet, honey. If there is a God and a shred of hope, Caylee is alive somewhere.

I'm leaning towards the proof that Casey, her mother, is the killer of this little girl.

RoyalOrleans said:
Not yet, honey. If there is a God and a shred of hope, Caylee is alive somewhere.

I'm leaning towards the proof that Casey, her mother, is the killer of this little girl.

It always seems so much more horrifying and grotesque when it is likely the parent. How do you not fall in love with them, even if they weren't planned in the first place? What kind of thought process goes through a woman's mind after she has given birth to this child, fed and bathed her for a number of years, and tucked her into bed. I wonder what happened? :(

emkay64 said:
No they haven't found her yet. She has been missing since June. Her mother didn't report her missing til a month later, and that was only because the grandmother called the police and reported she found her daughters car abandoned and it smelled like a dead body had been in it. The mother (while the little girl was missing) was out partying with friends (pictures were taken), deleted 100+something photos of her child on her computer. Investigators also found searches on her computer for chloroform (which huge amounts of were found in the abandoned car). The suspected mother lied to police about were she worked, turns out she hadn't worked there for 2 years. The suspected mother had a romantic involvement with a police officer on the investigation that ended in the officer getting fired/or suspended. She refuses to talk to police, and the few times she did everything that came out of her mouth was a proven lie. They also found cellphone tower pings in the brush and swamps by a local airport, why would Casey be out there in a desolate area at night alone? I hope they find Caylee so they can fry Casey.

atlantic said:
No they haven't found her yet. She has been missing since June. Her mother didn't report her missing til a month later, and that was only because the grandmother called the police and reported she found her daughters car abandoned and it smelled like a dead body had been in it. The mother (while the little girl was missing) was out partying with friends (pictures were taken), deleted 100+something photos of her child on her computer. Investigators also found searches on her computer for chloroform (which huge amounts of were found in the abandoned car). The suspected mother lied to police about were she worked, turns out she hadn't worked there for 2 years. The suspected mother had a romantic involvement with a police officer on the investigation that ended in the officer getting fired/or suspended. She refuses to talk to police, and the few times she did everything that came out of her mouth was a proven lie. They also found cellphone tower pings in the brush and swamps by a local airport, why would Casey be out there in a desolate area at night alone? I hope they find Caylee so they can fry Casey.

Ohhhhh. That doesn't sound good :( Poor little girl...

emkay64 said:
Ohhhhh. That doesn't sound good :( Poor little girl...
I know; you can't believe otherwise, there is just so much evidence pointing to the mom. They have hundreds of volunteers looking, I hope they find her soon.

atlantic said:
I know; you can't believe otherwise, there is just so much evidence pointing to the mom. They have hundreds of volunteers looking, I hope they find her soon.

The mom is worried about 1 thing.. no body = no murder.:(

What the hell is wrong with people?

Police: Montana mom kept dead son in car trunk

By MATT GOURAS, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 7 minutes ago

GREAT FALLS, Mont. - The body of a toddler found in the trunk of his mother's car may have been there for months as she drove around town, evaded questions about him and was even arrested, police said.

The mother, Summer ManyWhiteHorses, was charged Monday with deliberate homicide. Authorities say the body of her 2-year-old son, James, was found Friday in the trunk of her car — more than six weeks after it was towed to a wrecking yard when she was arrested.

Deputy County Attorney Joel Thompson said authorities have yet to determine how or when the boy died. An autopsy is being conducted. According to court records, ManyWhiteHorses told police the boy's death was an accident, and that she placed his body in the car's trunk on May 29.

Police: Montana mom kept dead son in car trunk - Yahoo! News

Back