Why would my Windows Firewall recognize that I'm using McAfee Internet Security from my ISP,...

J

JerryTolan

Why would my Windows Firewall recognize that I'm using McAfee Internet Security from my ISP, but the Essential Virus Protection doesn't see that the same software provides my virus protection?

I am using an XP Professional SP3+ system with microsoft update patching current up to about two weeks ago, when I shut off Automatic Updates while addressing some application compatabilty issues and perform general maintenance on my system. I'll turn it back on later. The Windows firewall recognizes and seems to be very cooperative with my McAfee Internet Security firewall, so I leave the windows firewall turned. It took the firewall two months before it finally recognized that I had McAfee firewall protection running. But it still doesn't know that I have McAfee virus protection too. So, I still have the Microsoft Esentials virus protection set to Not Monitored. I toggled the setting between On and Not Monitoring several times over the past few day, with many Windows restarts, but it just doesn't see my McAfee Realtime and Scanner support. What things can prevent this recognition?

-- Jerry

Continue reading...

Back