Wife testifies Sterling was happy with $2 bln Clippers sale

S

Sports News

By Eric Kelsey LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The estranged wife of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling on Thursday testified that her husband was eager for her to sell the NBA team and pleased when she was able to fetch a league-record $2 billion. Shelly Sterling, 79, told a probate court in a trial over the disputed sale of the Clippers to former Microsoft Corp chief executive Steve Ballmer that her husband did not want the NBA to confiscate the team and sell it at auction after the league banned him for life. "Every day we talked about what I was doing and who I had talked to," Shelly Sterling said about courting bidders, adding: "He was on the same page as I was ... He was very happy and very proud of me and said, 'Wow, you really did a good job.'" Donald Sterling, 80, was banned by the league for racist remarks made in private that were taped and published. He has been deemed by physicians to have early Alzheimer's disease and unable to conduct his own business affairs, handing his wife control of the trust that owns the Clippers.

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 891c2fefa0ed4e1e69ca25b25d292260.jpg
    891c2fefa0ed4e1e69ca25b25d292260.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 12
Back