Windows 7 Dual Boot Installation

• Thread starter Fredrik.Coulter
  • Start date
F

Fredrik.Coulter

I am creating a dual boot system with three partitions. Partition one will be my "normal" system, with Windows 7 Home and all the stuff I normally use for school and play. Partition two will be my playground, with Windows 7 Professional, SharePoint 2010, Visual Studio 2010, etc. Basically it will be the partition I use for exploring Microsoft technologies. The third partition will be shared between both boot scenarios. (The boot options will be 1&3 or 2&3.)
The question is: can I install Office 2010 on the shared partition? It should save a bit of space on my computer; otherwise I'll have to install it on both partitions. I am not worrying about licenses; I qualify under the Academic Advantage so I could download a copy of Office 2010 for the Playground if I need to as a supplement to my licensed copy of Office 2010. However, I'm concerned about each installed operating systems' registries.
I suspect that the answer is "no," but if I don't ask I'll always wonder.
IF I can install Office 2010 on the shared partition, THEN how big does that partition need to be? I had planned on keeping the shared partition pretty small.
Fredrik V Coulter MOS (Excel 2007), MOCMI (2003), MOCE (Acess, PowerPoint, Word, Excel 97), MCP (2.0)

Continue reading...

Back