Windows 7 Professional does not recognize SATA hard drive, BIOS does.

O

Olawles

I built a computer and I've been trying to install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit onto the SATA hard drive I bought. When I go into the BIOS, the hard drive is listed, however when I boot using the Windows 7 disc and it asks me where to install Windows 7, the hard drive isn't listed. The worst part is that when I click on Load Drivers > Browse, the hard drive is listed as "Boot (X:)". I have tried this with the 32-bit version as well just to see if it made a difference, and it didn't. Windows 7 sees the hard drive, but won't let me install onto it. I'm assuming the hard drive isn't faulty because both the BIOS and Windows 7 list it at some point or another, and the cables came brand new with the motherboard. I've tried plugging the SATA cable leading from the hard drive into every available port on the motherboard, to no avail. I have tried downloading the SATA RAID drivers (though it seems RAID drivers are only needed for 2 or more hard drives) onto a flash drive to see if I can load the drivers from there, and Windows 7 does not recognize the drivers on the flash drive, though it does recognize the flash drive.

Let me restate that I am only trying to use ONE SINGLE hard drive, and setup does not recognize it as an available drive to install to.

Hardware is as follows:
Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P
AMD Phenom II x4 830
WD 500GB 7200RPM SATA HDD
Corsair XMS 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333

Any useful help is extremely welcome, as I'm nearing the end of my rope! Thank you for reading.

Continue reading...

Back