Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Deployment

L

llre

I am setting up a deployment of Win 7 sp1 desktops; I have deployed Win7 desktops last year. I am using WDS and AIK to create answer file. I have found out the hard way that Win 7 SP1 will not work with Win7 files and that there is a hidden addendum to the WAIK in order to create an answer file. The answer file components have slightly changed so that you cannot use a Win7 answer file, has anyone used this to create an answer file? Is there any documentation on these
new settings? I have found plenty of good articles/videos now regarding Win 7 but because of the slight differences it would be nice to have some
clarification as to what the settings are and what they do.

I have tried to capture image but ran into problems that I am trying to troubleshoot now - one seems to be with the nic driver, I was unable to upload the capture
image from the desktop after sysprep it would not connect to WDS server so I manually uploaded the image, this image is over 8gb, but my Win7 images are
only 4gb so not sure why this is so large. Must be a problem with nic driver because I cannot install the image that I uploaded getting message that the is
a problem with network driver and to load it into the PE image -the desktops are HP and same driver as 7 but now it does not like it - I have no problem
with the driver when building desktop, I will try the PNP settings in the answers file to get around this. <o:p></o:p>

If anyone has done this or has links to doing this I would greatly appreciate it

Continue reading...

Back