Windows 7 wont detect my monitors or allow me to manually change drivers

P

Paul Cull

I'm running RC 1 32 bit on a pre-historic Asus A6U notebox with 1.6 ghz Turion and two gigs of RAM, and am really impressed with it overall.

However, it doesn't seem to detect either the built-in monitor (15.4" LCD) nor an external Philips 170S LCD monitor which I am also using, and loads default drivers (it has both a default PNP and non-PNP driver installed). My video card is SIS M760 and Windows 7 informs me that the driver is up to date.

I have tried installing the Philips 170S driver but it doesn't get associated with either of two screen which appear when I set screen resolution, nor am I able to replace or update the driver at that point. My Philips LCD shows colours a little strange - blacks sometimes have a tinge of red or green - which I suspect must be the lack of the proper driver.

I also have tried various combinations of deleting the drivers and rebooting the computing,with or without the external monitor connected, but am unable to associate the Philips driver to the external monitor. My Philips drivers ended up under "other devices" in the device manager.

When I try to calibrate the color on my Philips monitor I get the message that says it can't determine if the display is morrered... and so can't calibrate.

Is there any way I can delect all monitor info and force an install of my Philips driver on my external video?

Thanks all

Paul

Continue reading...

Back