Windows Tablet devices: SD card or MicroSD card slot available in future Windows Tablet?

S

starfini

Will a slot for SD cards or Micro SD be available on future Windows Tablets? How about memory upgrades and program upgrades? Will the new tablets be "locked" to whatever memory and programming comes with them and not able to upgrade? If so, what does a person do when they are locked into a 24 month commitment with their provider for communications services and a new model comes out? What will Microsoft do about this? Is the customer simply 'stuck' because the latest model that they bought went out of date in 6 months? This is not just a question for the consumer but for those in the industry to discuss. I know the reason for a lot of APPLE purchases is that there is some consistency in their program an yet they are able to innovate and bring along prior customers with them. There are issues with APPLE - mainly that it is a closed system and their equipment does not interconnect very well with other systems. But,a company with an open system can have more leverage here if they provide some kind of path for the customer that doesn't lock them into a situation with no options for moving forward.
I guess I should also ask if the Intel high speed connection will be in the works for Microsoft Phones and Tablets too. That would be a nice add on.

Continue reading...

Back