Windows will not find second and third monitors on startup

N

Neb Thron

Ok, here's the issue I'm running into. I have three monitors and two video cards in a Dell Optiplex 990, running Windows 7 x64 Enterprise with 8 GB of RAM. The two video cards are a Radeon HD 6350 and and a Radeon 2600 PRO. The 6350 has a single 19" monitor connected via VGA and the 2600 has two 30" monitors connected via DVI. All of the necessary drivers are installed, and I can get all three monitors to display correctly after detecting them in the Catalyst Control Center. The issue is when either shut down or reboot, it forgets the settings. It will post to the two 30" screens, then once at the login screen, it defaults to the 19" display. I log into Windows, and it can only find the 19" display. However, once I go into CCC, it will find all three displays (I have it set to automatically detect displays on launching the application) and revert to the correct settings I had set up. As an act of desperation, I decided to put CCC into the Startup for all users thinking that if the program launched at startup, it would auto detect and I would only have to close the application. No such luck. CCC does not start with Windows, and the only way I can get all three monitors to display is to actively open CCC.
I realize it's not the end of the world, but it is rather annoying. I'd like to be able to boot with all three monitors correctly displaying.

On a side note: This computer is built for training purposes. We have two labs that run training sessions. I've now set up a second desktop with the same config and the same problem, so it's not just an issue with the computer itself.

Any thoughts?

Continue reading...

Back