Working Hard, but I need your help

Victim

Just thought i would give a little update on what I am doing around the site.

I am working very hard to go through and delete all spam threads, and then I am going to try and delete individual posts. I know some of you want to totally dump all threads and start a new in this place, but I am weary on making that decision all on my own. I have the power to virtually mass delete all threads, but I would really like other people's opinions on what they want done around here, and more specifically I would love to see Dave and some other Admins and mods back here, so we need to work on trying to get them back. So if you know how to contact them, please do.

Also, if you guys seriously want to get this place going again, you we need to get the word out. I was thinking that a great thing to do would be to send out a mass e-mail, but I am not exactly sure I have the powers to do that, which is why I need other Admins and Mods back here to help me.

I alone can only do so much, so please help in anyway you can. E-mail old friends, and get the word out as best you can if you really want this to happen.

In the mean time, I will keep deleting the spam until we decide what's best.

Thanks,
Hailey.

I will help out in any way I can. I'll keep writing new topics and just doing whatever I can to get life injected. If you need any help beyond that, get ahold of me on Facebook or PM here.

However, I would prefer we don't straight up delete all the posts and threads. Wouldn't it be possible to erase all the posts of specific users? If so, we could just erase the posts of all the spam accounts and the forum would look untouched. Possible or not?

It is possible, in fact that is exactly how I have been deleting most of the spam. And I agree about not deleting everything. I just want to restore this place to what it was before the spambots took over. I wish I had the ability to make someone a mod to help me delete **** but I don't have administrative control over users, so that sucks. But I will let you know if I need anything, just right now, get the word out. I would hate to have spent all this time deleting all of this spam and then for us to give up on this place again.

Glad you trying to get a revival, and I would not want everything deleted as I would rather the place lock all thread to keep it as kinda like our own little archive than delete everything.

Back