XP Roaming profile not loading

L

lo_loh

Problem: existing users currently do not have a path specified in the Roaming profiles section of Active Directory; When I set the roaming profile path to \\server\Staff_profiles\%username% there are numerous :
1. User A logs onto Computer1 (the normal computer that UserA uses) UserA has a local profile already on Computer1 which is loaded. UserA logs off and no “UserA” folder is created at: \\server\Staff_Profiles\UserA.
2. UserA logs onto Computer2 and has no local profile stored at C:\documents and setting\ A new profile is created from the netlogon share and when userA logs off, the new roaming profile shows up at
\\server\Staff_Profiles\UserA. User A can then Logon to Computer3. And this same profile shows up. (just as it should)
3. UserA now logs into Computer1 again (that has the original local copy of the profile) The local copy is loaded and the roaming profile does not load.
My desired result is to give all staff members a new profile without destroying their original copy AND without merging the local copy.
If a local copy of the profile exists; I have seen XP create a new profile named “username.domain-name” This would be desired.
Bottom line, does any one know why the local profile seems to be taking precedence over the domain profile?

Continue reading...

Back