450r mx rebuild!

Loud450man

well I guess ill make a rebuild thread to. I started with a old beat up 05 450r I traded my 400ex for,it more less was beat and never maintained so one day after riding I decided to tear it down. I ride alot of mx so I tried to go off that and stay within the budget. but the motor needed more attention then I thought and I ended up doing alot to the motor and now I wish I would have bought some good suspension but front shocks are all I need and I should get them soon.
specs are
gforce axle,flipped fronts,blingstar bumper and grab bar,red hoses,razr tires,dwt rims,(now dwt magnum beadlocks),regina chain,one industries seat cover,tag t2 fat bars (hate them),nmotion 9in exhaust,race cut wire harness rectifire up front,msr perch with shorty lever and hotstart,odi grips,west coast monster graphics,laker hood,ac pro peg nerfs,maier poly skidplate,Motor-quadified head,ferrea valves, +1 exhaust,hotcam stage 2,web valve springs,new cylinder,cp 12:0:1 piston sb ,new revised crank,moose clutch basket,tusk clutch with hd springs,wiseco cam chain moose case saver,black engine covers,dasa intake ,uni filter,185 main.48 piliot hrc needle 3rd clip 2.75 a/f screw. i also have a mint fcr carb with noss adapter and red billet nic nacs but i dont think im gonna use it so its for sale.

heres some before pics
35ajfkm-1.jpg

1orvra-1.jpg

AND tear down!!
16c50cm-1.jpg

1z4a0d5-1.jpg

22mgn-1.jpg

34qs22d-1.jpg

opcmu0-1.jpg

17tzjd-1.jpg

I painted everything with implement paint and so far its held up great!! engine covers were done with engine paint
2lsicqr-1.jpg

6r2a9t-1.jpg

x3uykm-1.jpg

2hzmm1f-1.jpg

mrgo5-1.jpg

Polished the motor . (well cleaned up)
mr7jpl-1.jpg

Recived a package from bruno at quadified!!!
2h66540-1.jpg

33msmmx-1.jpg

2jrv9v-1.jpg

Over all with the motor im very happy for a stock bore stock stroke motor on pump gas ,the quad corners real well and the added bump steer from the fronts dosent bother me,the rear shock i have tuned in decent but im sending the fronts out for rebuilds and resprings then it will be mx race ready. it took a long time to get this quad done then i had some issues with tuning and stuff but its all good now. let me know what u guys think!!!!
2pphrtx-1.jpg

292qnw1-1.jpg

8yubmq-1.jpg

2vv1b0l-1.jpg

First time with the 450 on the track since rebuild!!
14siec8-1.jpg

old 400ex i traded for it, this was the first quad i ever really built but i blew it up on the track
2n1u99y-1.jpg

Wow I forgot what it looked like when you brought it home! Looks really good man, especially for someone your age!

The day you get arms will be the day you curse flipped fronts and spacers, lol. Keep it up man:gr_cool: Look forward to some footy of that thing in action

thanks man and yea i would prolley shun flipped rims after a arms but i dont mind flipped rims it still handels good and safer then spacers. and yea im gonna try and get some pics and vids at the track this weekend

Hows Bruno's head doing? I have him on FB and he post pics of his head work all the time. Very nice stuff from what I can tell. Bike looks good!

Hows Bruno's head doing? I have him on FB and he post pics of his head work all the time. Very nice stuff from what I can tell. Bike looks good!

Im sponcered by quadified so i got every motor part off him, couldent ask for better work ,service,or price. and it pulls like a train.

Back