A.F.I. (A Fire Inside)

Brkng_Th_Hbt

Secret Ninja ♂
Meh. I did it finally. As you can see, I'm completely obssesed with AFI right now. I decided to make a thread.

So if you like AFI, post here! :thumbsup:

This thread might not go anywhere since a lot of people don't know who they are or dislike their style.

^ Yeah the singer has a pretty high voice... ppl say he's too whiny. But i think it's really unique and no one sounds like that. He's also a very good screamer... comes close to Chester in my opinion.

Like you said, their guitarist is really talented. Plus i love their lyrics.

They are a really good band. Some months ago, I listened to "The Art of Drowning" almost compulsively :p lol now I haven't listened to them in a while, but now I think I'll pick up one of their cds tomorrow and listen to it again. Yeah, the singer's voice is pretty high, but it's not annoying, and his voice plays a big part in making them unique. They have awesome songs, the guitar work is pretty cool, the lyrics are good, overall they make great music. And your sig rocks, Brkng_Th_Hbt :D

I've heard a couple of their songs and they don't sound bad, but I really need to read the lyrics cause I'm not sure what they are saying!!! I'm like that sometimes, but if I read the lyrics, I understand people better usually! I've heard on another board that the album "Sing the Sorrow" is really good or even the best, so is it? Is it worth getting? Also, can anyone post a few lines from their fav song on this c.d. so that I can see what everyone thinks??? Thanks!!!!!!

I don't like them that much. The lead singer is far too weird, I just can't get over that ever. Does he idolize Michael Jackson or something?

LinkinPark4Ever said:
I've heard a couple of their songs and they don't sound bad, but I really need to read the lyrics cause I'm not sure what they are saying!!! I'm like that sometimes, but if I read the lyrics, I understand people better usually! I've heard on another board that the album "Sing the Sorrow" is really good or even the best, so is it? Is it worth getting? Also, can anyone post a few lines from their fav song on this c.d. so that I can see what everyone thinks??? Thanks!!!!!!

Yeah I would say Sing the Sorrow is their best album.

well here's some of their lyrics from a song called "Silver and Cold"

"I came here by day, but I left here in darkness
And found you, found you on the way
And now, it is silver and silent, it is silver and cold
You, in somber resplendence, I hold"

then it goes onto the chorus..

you can find more lyrics at AFIseries.com

That's my sisters fav song on that CD. It's one of mine. I think my favorite is "Paper Airplanes (Makeshift Wings)" yeah that's the whole song name. Always wondered why they put brackets. :rolleyes:

but my favorite AFI song ever is Synesthesia. the only way you can get it on CD is by buying the UK version of Sing the Sorrow... which imported is about $30. so i just downloaded it... :D

Brkng_Th_Hbt said:
Yeah I would say Sing the Sorrow is their best album.

well here's some of their lyrics from a song called "Silver and Cold"

"I came here by day, but I left here in darkness
And found you, found you on the way
And now, it is silver and silent, it is silver and cold
You, in somber resplendence, I hold"

then it goes onto the chorus..

you can find more lyrics at AFIseries.com

I've heard that song, "Silver and Cold" I think. Is the video the one where Davey is on a bridge or something and the other guys are trying to get him, but they die in a car crash?? Thanks, I'll have to check out that site!

Back