A talk about Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church

Moralman

Dear Friends
kind regards
Fred Phelps is a pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas in the US.
Fred Phelps is an enigma and the most controversial speaker I have ever heard.
I listen to Fred Phelps sermons every Monday afternoon.
His sermon on June 5th 2005 is quite funny.
His sermons straight after 911 and Tsunami(January 2nd 2005 sermon) are worth listening to also and he has a sermon archive from the year 2001 to 2005.
Here is the link to his sermons page.........
1. http://www.godhatesfags.com/sermons/sermons.html
I encourage you to listen to them every week as well and his archive sermons.
Here is the biography of Pastor Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.
2. http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/phelpsbio.html
Here is a statement from the column "About WBC"
WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FAGS, FAGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FAGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FAGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FAGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FAGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FAGS, FAGS DOOM NATIONS, etc.
You can find this statement and much more information about WBC by clicking on the following link.
3. http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/aboutwbc.html
Phelps Church has been raided and bombed in the past and his picketing has caused riots all across America.
Phelps became famous when he picketed the funeral of murderered homosexual Matthew Shepard.
Phelps has even created a monument to Matthew Shepard in his home town.
4. http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/shepard_monument.html
Fred Phelps views are very controversial and I am not claiming to endorse any of his views.
What are your views on Fred Phelps?
If you live in the USA have you ever come across him before?
I'd like to hear your views on one of America's most controversial men.
yours thankfully
John

Fred Phelps is a fag. And if there is one thing I can't stand, it's assholes who try to make their own pulpit to preach their version of morality...OFF to the idiot box with this moron.

phreakwars said:
Fred Phelps is a fag.

Dear phreakwars
kind regards
Is that the only response that you can come up with?
Why don't you do yourself a service and explain why you disagree with Fred Phelps views and actions.
At present you have made yourself look quite uneducated and feeble.
I want to engage in proper discussions with decent members and if you cannot do that then please refrain from posting in my threads in the future.
yours thankfully
John

Moralman said:
Dear phreakwars
kind regards
No, In the same lines as ToriAllen's signature, I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Why don't you do yourself a service and explain why you disagree with Fred Phelps views and actions.
Fred Phelps is NOT a Christian, he is a Cult follower using distorted views to justify his actions.

Don't you DARE accuse me of voting for George Bush !!

I want to engage in proper discussions with decent members and if you cannot do that then please refrain from posting in my threads in the future.
yours thankfully
John
Your thread ?? You own this board ?? You run this board ?? You can tell ME how to apply myself on this board ?? Think again butt munch.

Moralman said:
Dear phreakwars
kind regards
yours thankfully
John

Its funny you calling Phreak an idiot...
you listen to sermons every Monday??

I am proud of the fact that I have managed my world to the point where I don't even know who this ass hole is that your speaking of.

I completely agree with Phreak in that I can't stand it when people come on here to preach whatever bullshit falls out of their ass that day...
**** off to a religious board where people give a ****.

Lethalfind said:
Its funny you calling Phreak an idiot...
you listen to sermons every Monday??

I am proud of the fact that I have managed my world to the point where I don't even know who this ass hole is that your speaking of.

I completely agree with Phreak in that I can't stand it when people come on here to preach whatever bullshit falls out of their ass that day...
**** off to a religious board where people give a ****.

Fred Phelps is the moron, preacher from Kansas, that says that God is killing US soldiers because the US is tolerant to gays.

This is the group that protests at soldiers' funerals.

Far as i see he just because he has a box to stand on doesnt make he a preacher. He can preach what he wants he his own cult setting, but bashing others outside his walls he's a loser. I can't wait for his judgement day when God meets him at the gate with a line up of men waiting to anal rape him.

Dear Friends
kind regards
I'd like to respond to the following people.
phreakwars.........
Fred Phelps is not a Christian in your view however he may be in someone else's view.
In my view I feel that you are unworthy of being a moderator on this forum and thus I feel that you should step down and give your job to someone more worthy.
Lethalfind.........
I listen to Fred Phelps sermons because they are sometimes entertaining and informative.
The very fact that you are an American who doesn't even know who Fred Phelps is shows how uneducated and out of touch with your own society you really are.
I don't wish to engage in conversations with simpletons so I expect much more smarter responses from you in the future.
yours thankfully
John

Dear Moralman..

Using Fred Phelps name so many times in one post reminds me of the Nasonex commercial. Your post was more annoying then the commercial by far. WBC's stupid message is even worse. You and Fred Phelps have no right determining what God thinks you pompous asshole. I hope Lucifer makes you and Fred Phelps butt buddies while you both burn in hell for eternity.

Thank you dear sir.

Moralman said:
Dear Friends
kind regards
phreakwars.........
Fred Phelps is not a Christian in your view however he may be in someone else's view.
In my view I feel that you are unworthy of being a moderator on this forum and thus I feel that you should step down and give your job to someone more worthy.
Lethalfind.........
I listen to Fred Phelps sermons because they are sometimes entertaining and informative.
The very fact that you are an American who doesn't even know who Fred Phelps is shows how uneducated and out of touch with your own society you really are.
I don't wish to engage in conversations with simpletons so I expect much more smarter responses from you in the future.
yours thankfully
John

Your ****in right about one thing, I am completely out of touch with the religious community and damn proud of it...
While I have heard of some of the things he has done, I was not aware of his name or that he gave sermons...nor do I give a ****...
As for being uneducated...I think your talking about yourself. Pick the right board to talk religious smack on...

so let me just see if i have this correct...

you chose the name "moralman" yet you listen to someone like Phelps every week?

am i the only one who is picking up on the irony?!?!

Vortex said:

This guy and Phelps think in there minds what they believe should be everybody's morals.

I think he's just yanking our chain, because nobody's dumb enough to come here to preach asinine **** like that.

tiredofwhiners said:
This guy and Phelps think in there minds what they believe should be everybody's morals.

I think he's just yanking our chain, because nobody's dumb enough to come here to preach asinine **** like that.

I thought that too. Bringing up Phelps to defend him, or even just to say listen to him, is a no brainer if you want to start an argument for whatever reason..

sorta like if i said i just got back from an Alaskan vacation and clubbed 40 baby seals and braced myself to defend why its okay...

...its no okay...dear friends :)

tiredofwhiners said:

He does come from Phelp's church, so it is quite possible.

Vortex said:

No your not, in fact a name like that almost makes it hard to waste the time to read anything he has said...

Dear members, I would like to respond to this idiots comment:
Moralman said:
Dear Friends
kind regards
Oh boy, he's gonna rebut us !!!:rolleyes:
phreakwars.........
Oh boy, I love denominational Christianity.. so much that I choose to be unbiased to any beliefs... strike that... I choose to be BIASED against those who believe in changing anothers beliefs... So much so, that for some odd reason, the owner of this site had chosen me among others to lead the spirit of communication

Lethalfind.........
Yeah, I listen to Paul Harvey for the same reason.... as well as Dave Chapelle

Oh yeah.. we know all too well who that idiot is... unfortunately, you have yet to figure it out yet..

yours thankfully
John
Again, what's with this **** trying to tell our PREMIUM members how they should act ?? Granted LF is very annoying to most of us, and probably 80% of us or higher can't stand her, but sorry, you, my friend, are even less important to us.. therefore, your request to any member to change their writing style...even though she is IN FACT a dimwit..., is DENIED !!

OH, EVEN YOUR SCREEN NAME MAKES ME SICK...

Moralman said:
Dear phreakwars
kind regards
yours thankfully
John

Lets discuss men of morality shall we ??

I surely hope Moralman gives this post five minutes of its precious cappuccino-sipping, cancer-stick-puffing time. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, Moralman spouts the same bile in everything he writes, making only slight modifications to suit the issue at hand. The issue it's excited about this week is vigilantism, which says to me that Moralman operates on an international scale to introduce, cultivate, and encourage moral rot. It's only fitting, therefore, that we, too, work on an international scale, but to break the neck of Moralman's policy of emotionalism once and for all. As soon Moralman takes us beyond the point of no return, the next thing we'll hear it say is, "Oops, made a mistake". It's a pity. As I remove the veil of ignorance I have lived behind, I find that Moralman exhibits an air of superiority. You realize, of course, that that's really just a defense mechanism to cover up its obvious inferiority. Moralman clings to vandalism like a drowning man clings to a life preserver, and I'm not making that up! Amid the babel of false tongues all around us, even basically good people sometimes find it hard to know what is right and what is wrong. If you find that fact distressing then you should help me scuttle Moralman's irritable attempts to kill the goose bearing the golden egg. Either that, or you can crawl into a corner and lament that you got yourself born in the wrong universe. Don't expect your sobbing to do much good, however, because the impact of Moralman's gin-swilling opinions is exactly that predicted by the Book of Revelation. Evil will preside over the land. Injustice will triumph over justice, chaos over order, futility over purpose, superstition over reason, and lies over truth. Only when humanity experiences this Hell on Earth will it fully appreciate that not only does Moralman rob us of our lives, our health, our honor, and our belongings, but it then commands its bootlickers, "Go, and do thou likewise."
To make a long story short, if I may be so bold, whenever Moralman announces that it should be a given a direct pipeline to the National Treasury, its accomplices applaud on cue and the accolades are long and ostentatious. What's funny is that they don't provide similar feedback whenever I tell them that I have had enough of Moralman's airy-fairy talk of "maybe this or maybe that". No joke. My long-term goal is to help you reflect and reexamine your views on Moralman. Unfortunately, much remains to be done. As you may have noticed, wherever you look, you'll see Moralman enforcing intolerance in the name of tolerance. You'll see it suppressing freedom in the name of freedom. And you'll see it crushing diversity of opinion in the name of diversity.
If you think you can escape from Moralman's poxy anecdotes, then good-bye and good luck. To the rest of you I suggest that it has vowed that eventually it'll exploit the general public's short attention span in order to cause (or at least contribute to) a variety of social ills. This is hardly news; Moralman has been vowing that for months with the regularity of a metronome. What is news is that it craves more power. I say we should give Moralman more power -- preferably, 10,000 volts of it. If we don't soon tell Moralman to stop what it's doing, it will proceed with its unruly belief systems, considerably emboldened by our lack of resistance. We will have tacitly given Moralman our permission to do so. I'm sure you get my point here. I have one final message for you before ending this letter: Nowhere in the Bible does it say, "Moralman's methods of interpretation are our final line of defense against tyrrany".

Furthermore, It's time to tell the truth about Mr. Morality Man :rolleyes: . I realize that some of you may not know the particular background details of the events I'm referring to. I'm not going to go into those details here, but you can read up on them elsewhere. A study of what I call stentorian segregationists indicates broad political and ideological agreement on the use of force combined with a set of simple tactics to achieve their immediate goal: to tour the country promoting boisterous insurrectionism in lectures and radio talk show interviews. Because we continue to share a common, albeit abused, atmospheric envelope, if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
One of the malicious remarks we often hear from Morality is that his effusions are Holy Writ. Why do I tell you this? Because these days, no one else has the guts to. Stripping from the term "poluphloisboiotatotic" the negative connotations it evokes, I will try to insist on a policy of zero tolerance toward antinomianism.
Morality would have us believe that the worst kinds of jackbooted blowhards there are are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. Yeah, right. We cannot allow phlegmatic protestors to pass unnoticed. But there are other strains of shallow philistinism active today, and the siren calls of those movements may mesmerize obstinate vulgarians whose incontinent fervor blinds them to historical lessons. The purpose of this post is far greater than to prove to you how cheeky and domineering he has become. The purpose of this post is to get you to start thinking for yourself, to start thinking about how whenever he is blamed for conspiring to steal our birthrights, he blames his operatives. Doing so reinforces their passivity and obedience and increases their guilt, shame, terror, and conformity, thereby making them far more willing to help Morality subject us to the unruly yapping of out-of-touch traitors. Several things he has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how his debauches are the result of a high-minded urge to do sociological research. When I first heard about Morality's pranks, I didn't know whether to laugh, because Morality's complaints are so pouty, or cry, because Morality decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that he fears, because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility.
You might object to my claim that Morality's blind faith in opportunism leads him only to corruption. But bear in mind that "Morality" has now become part of my vocabulary. Whenever I see someone redefine unbridled self-indulgence as a virtue, as the ultimate test of personal freedom, I tell him or her to stop "Morality-ing". Many lives have been lost to frotteurism. I wish I could put it more delicately, but that would miss the point. Some people think that permitting the worst types of vainglorious beggars I've ever seen to tap into the national resurgence of overt lexiphanicism is tantamount to suicide. Others believe that this is a contributing factor to the apparent decline of civilization and culture around us. The truth lies somewhere inbetween, namely, that my vision is built on the future, not the past. I know you're wondering why I just wrote that. I'll explain shortly, but first, I should state that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Morality had learned anything from history, he'd know that I find that I am embarrassed. Embarrassed that some people don't realize that he likes pleas that work both sides of the political fence. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that I hate it when people get their facts utterly wrong. For instance, whenever I hear some corporate fat cat make noises about how Morality acts in the public interest, I can't help but think that if everyone does his own, small part, together we can show Morality how he is as wrong as wrong can be.
The important point here is not that Morality's writings exhibit a disregard, not merely for style, but for the truth. The vital matter is that even when Morality isn't lying, he's using facts, emphasizing facts, bearing down on facts, sliding off facts, quietly ignoring facts, and, above all, interpreting facts in a way that will enable him to fill the air with recrimination and rancor. His claims are pure tripe, and if you don't believe me, then you should tell it like it is. He has it all wrong; he is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his plaints. Morality will subordinate all spheres of society to an ideological vision of organic community in the near future -- not necessarily by direct action, but by convincing his adherents to lead an active disinformation campaign. Now that this letter has come to an end, I hope you walk away from it realizing that we ought to teach Morality Man a lesson.

Moralman said:
Dear Friends
kind regards

Lethalfind.........

Crap is crap no matter how you wrap it...I don't have 5 seconds of my valuable time to spend EVER listening to a so called sermon again...the fact you sit and listen to verbal sewage speaks volumes about your intellect....

Fred Phelps is a scumbag and a cult leader in dire need of a good old-fasioned ass-whooping!!! MoralityMORON needs a good beat-down too! :mad: :mad: :mad:

damn this spread the rep around garbage...phreak tried to give you some more :(

Phelps is just one of those people that hides behind the "word of god" to spread the opposite. People of every faith do this! From the islam extremists...to the far christian right.

If you look at religion as a whole...and in its entire history...It hasent been exactly tolerant...or palatable....

so it makes me wonder...with so many logical, moral, and humane people on the planet...why does it still survive??!

....because of the "what if?" scenerio.....

us humans are SOO afraid to die...and then just be done...that we so desperately cling to another world that we are supposed to go to....

BUT looking at every single message to every single religion they ALL say the same basic thing. Be good to one another...do the right thing...and always respect others and who they are....

So why be chained to false faith...and just be true to the basics.....if there is something out ther for us, and you are a good person (ect) then you are all good...Who knows...maybe they are ALL right..maybe there isnt a single correct faith out there......after all they generally say the same thing!

SO take the lessons learned..and just be good to your fellow man or WOman :)...enjoy the life that was given to you...and do the right thing...

hell thats what anti-religion has taught me! :) and i am way happier and far more guilt free than i ever was being bound to some stupid book that was written by people....in a time that was FAR more easlily coruptable than now..

Dirka Dirka Bitches !!!

Back