A test for birth control

Crispy Critter

In what year did it become legal for a single American man or woman to buy rubbers, the pill or any kind of birthcontrol device?

I copied this from a seamingly reputable website:

Legalization of Birth Control
In 1972, Bill Baird appeared before the U.S. Supreme Court in Baird v. Eisenstadt, the case which legalized birth control nationally for single people. This decision overturned Baird's 1967 conviction for "crimes against chastity. His crime was "

Damn you're good and fast too!

I thought I would have to give hints. The Comstock Act actually made it a punishment of up to five years at hard labor to sell birth control items through the mail. Over 2500 people were convicted and served the time. Congress appointed former Union General Comstock as postmaster with personal authority to enforce the law along with obscenity laws allowing him to decide what is obscene. The prison time was much greater if the device was imported.

I had no idea the crimes I committed as a teenager and I bet the guy at the drug store didn't either.

It is a well known fact, BIRTH CONTROL in Catholicism, is prohibitted, except for the ABSTENANCE rule.

This is why I believe such a silly law was in place at that point in history. It was a deep rooted CATHOLIC belief, and somehow, was twisted up to be a law.

Much of the world could have been practicing safer sex up until that point if it wasn't for the self rightous judgements of others who made contraceptives a more TABOO form of birth control.

Thats why you need a Liberal around... to say HEY SCREW YOU I CAN USE ONE IF I WANT AND I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THEM.

Same thing with things like, the DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES... Liberal demand these types of services for the needy and hungry kids... in turn, the conservatives take over and use this system to tell others how to RAISE there children....

Same thing with abortions...

Contraceptives were only a MINOR detail.

Sometimes its tough to be a liberal Catholic...sigh....I hate myself....

I wasn't aware that birth control came in a spray! But hen how are you sposda tell the moistness of the spray form the moistness... gets slapped

Back