any one knows who upgrades ER starters?

It keeps burning up because your putting 24v thru it instead of the 12v it's designed for.. You were warned..

Go back to 12v and add a kicker for back-up.

The starting system isn't that weak.. It's just not designed for twice the voltage and twice the current. The starter clutch and reduction gear are the "weakest" probably.. But again the 24v kit added stress to those also.. That's why a lot of us advised against it. If you want to upgrade, get a new starter & solenoid, get reduction gear welded, fit new starter clutch and add a kicker. The stock parts work / last pretty well for what they were designed for.. Add kicker for back up.

The starting system isn't that weak.. It's just not designed for twice the voltage and twice the current. The starter clutch and reduction gear are the "weakest" probably.. But again the 24v kit added stress to those also.. That's why a lot of us advised against it. If you want to upgrade, get a new starter & solenoid, get reduction gear welded, fit new starter clutch and add a kicker. The stock parts work / last pretty well for what they were designed for.. Add kicker for back up.
you know what my raceprep guy told me.. was to get a smaller battery and try. like a 4-5V one combined with my 12V should help and not burn the starter.... ill keep you guys posted on the results of that..

Go back to your 12 volt system and run a new lithium battery, tons of cranking amps a quarter of the weight and there is virtually no battery fade during extended cranking not that you should have an issue with cranking if the valves and everything are setup correctly.

Back