Any other lone riders out there? Well i am one of them and will share a story

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
Yesterday, we had a beautiful friday and the sun was out. The temp was 55 degress and i figured it'd be a good day to go out ride. I was tired of being all cooped up in the house, reading like slave and doing school work.

Oh also the trails opened yesterday! maine rocks for opening it early!

Anyways. So i set out to go out ride. I came to a 2 way split, i decided to go off the marked trails. There is a gas station and few other restaurants near by that store which was about 10 miles out from that trail split. You're probably saying to yourself, i should NOT go off the marked trails. You're right. I learned my lesson AGAIN, especially being a lone rider with no help around.

After a few success with going fast over some mud holes, half way through in the woods, i got stuck! Just this one tiny mudhole had to be a dick. I mean... a total *****! Every time i messed with the damn toy..... it sunk deeper and deeper into the hole. By the time i stopped myself, it was submerged (could see half of the header pipe). I wish i had taken photos of that, i didn't remember to. Of course i was pissed, tired, and sore lol.

Lucky you, i did take a few pics right after i knew i was stuck. From looking at the photos, it didn't look so bad but later it was!
IMAG0999-1.jpg

IMAG1000-1.jpg

Now here's my word of advice.... DO NOT GO OFF MARKED TRAILS OR RIDE ALONE!

You're probably wondering why i said that. After the fact half of the bike got submerged, i did my last resort plan. I walked 20 miles through the woods to find my truck. Game warden was there at the parking lot. He was inspecting everyone's toy. Mine isnt registered yet AND i did not want the warden to know what was happening. Soon as he left, i set out back to the mud hole with a few ratchets, a rope and a small folding shovel i bought at a marine/army store.

Finally..... I got it out and continued the rest of the trail. Once i got to the store, i stayed on the main road back to where my truck was parked.

not so tough :) but thank you lol.

She's a softie and listens extremely well. She's not much of the type of a dog who are agressive or bully type. I get comments that she looks like a pit and an agressive type, i prove them wrong and they become best friends lol. I'll tell you this though, she's a lazy spoiled brat.

Example of her in trouble in her chair
View attachment 180

Attachments

• 375226_859771454195_24415568_39064126_760228828_n.jpg
    375226_859771454195_24415568_39064126_760228828_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 15
lol...that looks tough to move on your own.. Thats kinda my reason for going kicker... stopped for a break when at Ocotillo Wells on my own..didn't notice my lights were on and just used kill switch to turn off engine. 20 mins later tried to start it womp...woooomp...wooooooomp...woo.... bollocks! Spent next 2 hrs trying to push it backwards up a dirt mound (took me 20 mins to push/drag it to the dirt mound thru the soft sand)..had to push it up three times before I got enough traction to pop start it! it was beginning of June, hot as hell (truck said 104 when I got back there)...also the reason I got ramps.. took me ages to lift into back of truck I was so friggin tired... live and learn eh?

Sometimes it's nice to cruise alone but when doing so you really need to stick to a trail already blazed. Glad it worked out in the end for ya!!

you should get a come along bvet. and more rope. 20 miles is a long walk man that sucks

I do have one. Notice in the pictures i dont have a front bumper? It's still on my new/broken bumper lol. I shoulda put it on my grab bar before i loaded up.

lol...that looks tough to move on your own.. Thats kinda my reason for going kicker... stopped for a break when at Ocotillo Wells on my own..didn't notice my lights were on and just used kill switch to turn off engine. 20 mins later tried to start it womp...woooomp...wooooooomp...woo.... bollocks! Spent next 2 hrs trying to push it backwards up a dirt mound (took me 20 mins to push/drag it to the dirt mound thru the soft sand)..had to push it up three times before I got enough traction to pop start it! it was beginning of June, hot as hell (truck said 104 when I got back there)...also the reason I got ramps.. took me ages to lift into back of truck I was so friggin tired... live and learn eh?

I hear ya, I've been thinking about it but i'm not sure if i will do it. It sounds pretty expensive to do the conversion. I'd like to keep the e start too but i heard that it can be complicated because of the compression difference for e start and kicker. I do remember seeing a blaster and a wolverine out riding and the battery just basically fell off and left in the pit. When they stalled in the middle of no where, they were screwed lol

sometimes mud like that sucks it in. If i get in the mud and feel it spinning and know it's going to sink, i stop immediately and try to lift it out. The one and only thing i like about the 6 pack rack is the leverage for picking it up out and ruts and mud. usually if you swing the rear end out first you can manage a way out.

so, since your bike wasn't registered would he have wrote you a ticket? all we have to do here is get an illinois OHV sticker.

I do have one. Notice in the pictures i dont have a front bumper? It's still on my new/broken bumper lol. I shoulda put it on my grab bar before i loaded up.

I hear ya, I've been thinking about it but i'm not sure if i will do it. It sounds pretty expensive to do the conversion. I'd like to keep the e start too but i heard that it can be complicated because of the compression difference for e start and kicker. I do remember seeing a blaster and a wolverine out riding and the battery just basically fell off and left in the pit. When they stalled in the middle of no where, they were screwed lol

My conversion cost me about $150 by the time i sold the e stuff that came off. The decomp i actually initially left at e setting (65psi) just to see if it would work.. It stayed at thaf for probably 6 months eventually and i never had a prob starting it.

lol. Sometime i wish i was a bigger person. I know for sure i would've been able to pull it right out if i had extra mass lol.

Nice 150$ isnt bad at all. I was under the impression it would be a little more pricer. Curious, i never had a kick start before and i hear about people having trouble "starting" after it's been run for a while. is it true? Did you ever at one point have any trouble starting it?

lol. Sometime i wish i was a bigger person. I know for sure i would've been able to pull it right out if i had extra mass lol.

Think of it this way, with more mass you might have sunk farther faster!! :gr_eek2:

That happened to the wife at the dunes last weekend. She hit like a soupy spot.. Her bike just stopped.. Lucky for me we were riding in a big group. Even with four of us pushing and pulling the bike it was trying to sink like quicksand.

Think of it this way, with more mass you might have sunk farther faster!! :gr_eek2:

plus being a small jocky helps come race time. I ride with a guy who's about 130 and he rides an LTR. I'm 185 on my machine and i always say he wins because of the 50 lbs, lol. that and he's got the 474 kit....

Nice 150$ isnt bad at all. I was under the impression it would be a little more pricer. Curious, i never had a kick start before and i hear about people having trouble "starting" after it's been run for a while. is it true? Did you ever at one point have any trouble starting it?

Not really ever had prob starting it.. when I went to a bored carb it really didn't like the 45 pilot.. but changed that to 42 and no probs... if it's jetted right kick or e start shouldn't make a difference..

Sweet. Then i'll keep the kicker conversion on my to do list. Maybe i'll have this done at the same time i get HRC kit installed.

I had to ask that cuz i did hear some people talk about having an issue with starting it up when hot and the e start can come handy.

Sweet. Then i'll keep the kicker conversion on my to do list. Maybe i'll have this done at the same time i get HRC kit installed.

I had to ask that cuz i did hear some people talk about having an issue with starting it up when hot and the e start can come handy.

I put the kicker on my ER last week and rode it for the first time over the weekend. One kick and it fired up all day, I set everything up for the E start and it kicks easier then my 05. I made a post on the parts you need if you buy all the 05 stuff to make it work on a 06+

Back