Anyone read the columbus telegram xmas article.

Led_Zep_Sx

I think this was on the front page. Woman is pissed off that Wal-Mart says happy holidays to greet customers instead of Merry Christmas. Who gives a ****, I wish they wouldn't say anything. I don't even see how this makes it in the newspaper let alone the front ****ing page.

ya i read that but never got it moved over. I had heard that Walmart or Target would not use the word Christmas in there ads. But this claims that is not a policy....I still say Christmas or not Walmart is ruining our country. There a bunch of ****ing crooks.....What the lady wanted to say but couldnt was **** WALMART!!!:p

If some of these liberal **** heads have their way we won't be able to say "Happy Holidays" either because it relates too much to religious holidays at this time of year and may offend Hindus or Buddists who don't have a holiday now.

We're gonna end up with **** like "Winter Festival Sales" on ads instead so it won't offend anyone.

That is until someone decides they don't believe in Winter.

When is the PC bullshit gonna end?:mad:

My grandmother refuses to shop at Wal-mart because they will not use the word Christmas. Their trees are Holiday Trees rather than Christmas trees and they will not decorate for Christmas, either. She won't shop at Target because they are owned by the French. Personally, I am not going to stop shopping at either. A few people not shopping at stores that large will not get their attention. E-mails and letters would be much more effective.

I say we start boycotting establishments who refuse to include the word Christmas in their advertising.

I already E-mailed the superindendent of my kids school scorning them for their failure to include any traditional Christmas songs in my childrens musical program.

Next year, I will refuse to allow my children to participate in the "HOLIDAY PROGRAM" at school, unless Christmas, SPECIFICALLY JESUS CHRIST, is a part of the theme. If more people did this, I am sure we would see a turn around in the attitude exhibited by schools and business' during the Christmas season.

ToriAllen said:
My grandmother refuses to shop at Wal-mart because they will not use the word Christmas. Their trees are Holiday Trees rather than Christmas trees and they will not decorate for Christmas, either.
See, Wal-Mart is the spawn of all that is wrong with the world, at that's just further proof of the fact.

ToriAllen said:
She won't shop at Target because they are owned by the French.
Hold on a second. You mean to tell me that the sixth largest retailer in the world... is French? No, seriously. The Target Corporation is headquartered in Minneapolis. They are a publically traded company. All of their directors, their president, CEO, all the way on down to the lowly team members - they're all American.

True, there is another foreign-owned corporation named Target. You can read more about it in the Wikipedia article.
Wikipedia: Target Austrailia | Target Corporation

mattfast1 said:
Hold on a second. You mean to tell me that the sixth largest retailer in the world... is French? No, seriously. The Target Corporation is headquartered in Minneapolis. They are a publically traded company. All of their directors, their president, CEO, all the way on down to the lowly team members - they're all American.

True, there is another foreign-owned corporation named Target. You can read more about it in the Wikipedia article.
Wikipedia: Target Austrailia | Target Corporation
That's great, but...She won't shop at Target 'because they are owned by the French'. I can tell her, my mother can tell her, everyone she knows can tell her that her perception isn't true. It doesn't matter. Once she has an idea in her head that's it. This is the woman that I have described in other threads as being so gullible as to believe every email that she gets. She is the typical paranoid old woman who still looks at the Enquirer as a credible news source.
I like Wal-mart. I have had people at Wal-mart wish me Merry Christmas and have seen decorations at the ones around here...Doesn't matter to her.

**** the PC rules. **** the wannabe mind invaders. **** the stores that refuse to hold true to our culture. **** the instigators of "Happy Holidays".

Christmas and Santa were hijacked from pagan beliefs way back when Jesus played quaterback for Jerusalem.

No way are the nay-sayers gonna hijack it back off us. Just say **** 'em, if they can't take a joke.

Phreak, you don't like people wishing you a merry christmas? Well **** you too.

**** anyone who wants to control how I think, how I act, how I live, how I get pleasure, how I work towards happiness, nor how I appreciate the little things that the kids in my world enjoy. **** that **** three times and sideways.

Merry ****ing christmas. ;)

builder said:
**** the PC rules. **** the wannabe mind invaders. **** the stores that refuse to hold true to our culture. **** the instigators of "Happy Holidays".

Christmas and Santa were hijacked from pagan beliefs way back when Jesus played quaterback for Jerusalem.

No way are the nay-sayers gonna hijack it back off us. Just say **** 'em, if they can't take a joke.

Phreak, you don't like people wishing you a merry christmas? Well **** you too.

**** anyone who wants to control how I think, how I act, how I live, how I get pleasure, how I work towards happiness, nor how I appreciate the little things that the kids in my world enjoy. **** that **** three times and sideways.

Merry ****ing christmas. ;)
LOL.... Couldn't agree with you more!
Merry ****ing Christmas to you too!

Maybe you hit the nail right on the head builder. I probably wouldn't mind someone wishing me a merry Christmas as long as I knew it wasn't because of some ****ing PC taboo slip that might piss off someone else.

Hell, if I was at least a half ass follower of Christianity dogma, I would STILL wish a Merry Christmas to anybody who is NOT simply because it is more of a well to do wish for them, it's not so much of a ****ing pain in anybody's ass. Nobody has EVER been hurt by being wished a blessed ****ing day.

It's the same as a Muslim wishing me a happy Ramadan. Or a Jew wishing me a Happy Hanukkah. Or even some pagan **** wishing me a spiritual ****ing enlightenment.

It's all good either way, so why ****ing bitch ??

I really don't see myself picking up a ****ing Qur'an and facing ****ing Mecca to ****ing pray just because one of my Muslim friends (or enemy)wished blessings of peace on me. So why would I bitch about it ??

PC just plain pisses me off. I still say we should start a trend for the holiday and all start being very extremly ANTI-PC and protesting business' and individuals who can't ****ing merge with everyone else's ideals and let people practice the faith or dogma that keeps them a peaceful person, over bitching about something that represents their faith..

Oh, and **** YOU and your Merry ****ing Christmas Builder.

Thanks phreak; I have my moments.

Long Live the pagan ritual of christmas.

And a happy ****ing new year to you too, tiredofwhiners.

Oh, and scout too.

I don't see this as an opportunity to bash other faiths. This crap belongs to the liberals.

I couldnt give a **** if the moslems in my area celebrate Edd, or the Jews Yom Kipur. Its a special day for them. Its OK by me. Presumably they don't care if the summer solstice/xmas is a point of celebration to me.

It's all crap dreamed up by dick heads to solve a problem that does not exist.

These ****s are sitting in well paid government jobs, itching to find some populist cause to support. **** you lefty parasites.

slip_knot said:
I don't see this as an opportunity to bash other faiths. This crap belongs to the liberals.

Well, I don't see anyone here bashing other faiths. The point is, our faith is being undermined, whether you are a protestant/catholic/agnostic/athiest/deist. It doesn't ****ing matter. An established more is being changed to suit the wishes of a ****ing minority who make assumptions about how words can somehow insult another minority. Jesus ****ing Keeeerist.

slip_knot said:
I couldnt give a **** if the moslems in my area celebrate Edd, or the Jews Yom Kipur. Its a special day for them. Its OK by me. Presumably they don't care if the summer solstice/xmas is a point of celebration to me.

And I couldn't give a flying **** what they are up to either. As long as it's not strapping ****ing bombs to their bodies and coming to my ****ing party without an invite.

slip_knot said:
It's all crap dreamed up by dick heads to solve a problem that does not exist.

I totally agree. More strawman crapola.

slip_knot said:
These ****s are sitting in well paid government jobs, itching to find some populist cause to support. **** you lefty parasites.

Calling them libs is no ****ing help either. If it is a leftist slant, then how come the capitalists in charge of a major retail outlet are toeing the line?

builder said:
Well, I don't see anyone here bashing other faiths. The point is, our faith is being undermined, whether you are a protestant/catholic/agnostic/athiest/deist. It doesn't ****ing matter. An established more is being changed to suit the wishes of a ****ing minority who make assumptions about how words can somehow insult another minority. Jesus ****ing Keeeerist.

I never did understand why anyone would be offended by well wishing.

builder said:
And I couldn't give a flying **** what they are up to either. As long as it's not strapping ****ing bombs to their bodies and coming to my ****ing party without an invite.

Can I get an "Amen"?

builder said:
Calling them libs is no ****ing help either. If it is a leftist slant, then how come the capitalists in charge of a major retail outlet are toeing the line?

That's because the capitalist want to avoid being sued by the "leftist" (I remember you saying that "a liberal" is a little different to an Aussie) and not loose any of their financial capital fighting the lawsuit. It's easier, or at least more cost effective, to cave to them then it is to fight. :cool:

ImWithStupid said:
I never did understand why anyone would be offended by well wishing.

It beats the **** out of me too. Dumb****s. Maybe slip_knot said it better last post; "These ****s are sitting in well paid government jobs, itching to find some populist cause to support."

Can I get an "Amen"?

Amen.

That's because the capitalist want to avoid being sued by the "leftist" (I remember you saying that "a liberal" is a little different to an Aussie)

Yes, I did. I'm on a yank board, so I go with the flow, mostly. Being sued seems to be a major problem in the US. Who created a law that could leave a major chain liable to prosecution for advertising christmas, for ****'s sake?

...and not loose any of their financial capital fighting the lawsuit. It's easier, or at least more cost effective, to cave to them then it is to fight. :cool:

No. Caving in is for gutless jerks. Stand up for your rights. If that **** was happening in Australia, we would all be laughing our guts out. If it did go to court, the public outcry would negate the court process, and we would boycott any chain store that supported such a lame excuse for political correctness. Like I said, grow some goddam balls.

Back