AP - Heyward's 3-run homer helps Braves beat Cubs 16-5

I've ALWAYS hated Chicago teams.

And this game just made me as giddy as a "scared little girl". heh heh heh heh heh ..........

Ditto... I was at work while it was on, but i was following it on http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2010_04_05_chnmlb_atlmlb_1&mode=gameday

Braves vs Cubbies???

I'd rather watch Obama confuse folks by supporting 2 teams at the same time...

What a great freaking game!

I wouldn't consider this a great accomplishment. The Cubs SUCK!!!

I've ALWAYS hated Chicago teams.

And this game just made me as giddy as a "scared little girl". heh heh heh heh heh ..........

Ditto... I was at work while it was on, but i was following it on http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2010_04_05_chnmlb_atlmlb_1&mode=gameday

Bunch of jealous haters... <_< I hope the White Sox win the series this year just to rub it in - wahoo!

Braves vs Cubbies???

I'd rather watch Obama confuse folks by supporting 2 teams at the same time...

Only the dense minded get confused (and I'm not saying you are one of them btw) or just play confused to have something to bitch & complain about him. It's very simple. Obama was required to wear the Nationals jersey, but he was making it clear what baseball team he supports by wearing the cap - White Sox, baby!

Only the dense minded get confused (and I'm not saying you are one of them btw) or just play confused to have something to bitch & complain about him. It's very simple. Obama was required to wear the Nationals jersey, but he was making it clear what baseball team he supports by wearing the cap - White Sox, baby!

Which team is that? The White Sox, Cubs or Athletics. He claimed to be a fan of all of them but couldn't name a single favorite player from any of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX0PSoCTFas

So you’ll understand why I’m a bit confused why, when Washington Nationals color announcer Rob Dibble asked President Barack Obama who his favorite player was when he was a kid, the President rambled on for over a minute without mentioning any player’s name.

At least he corrected the fib he told right at the beginning of his answer. he wasn’t a “Southside Kid” because he was never a “kid” in Chicago. As he said, he grew up in Hawaii and followed the Oakland A’s. But don’t you think he might have mentioned some of the great Athletics players from the mid to late 70s and into 80s like Ricky Henderson, Reggie Jackson, Rollie Fingers (the moustache!), Dennis Eckersley, or Catfish Hunter? What about the great championship teams the As fielded?

In Chicago, Obama would have seen the White Sox current manager Ozzie Guillén win the American League Rookie of the Year award. He would have seen Frank Thomas win back-to-back Most Valuable Player awards, something that hadn’t been done in the American League since the early 1960s. If he had immersed himself in history at all, he could have named Harold Baines or Hall of Famer Carlton Fisk, both of which he would have seen as a youngster watching the White Sox play the A’s.

Of course, there’s the possibility that the President has been feigning his baseball love all along and the only reason he started following the White Sox was because he needed to appear close to the south side of the city for political reasons. But he wouldn’t be that obviously cynical, would he?
http://www.sundriesshack.com/2010/04/06/president-obamas-favorite-baseball-player-is-well-bring-a-lunch-this-may-take-a-while/

Which team is that? The White Sox, Cubs or Athletics. He claimed to be a fan of all of them but couldn't name a single favorite player from any of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX0PSoCTFas

http://www.sundriesshack.com/2010/04/06/president-obamas-favorite-baseball-player-is-well-bring-a-lunch-this-may-take-a-while/

This is just more nonesense to give people "reason" to bitch about him; again. Who cares what team or players he liked as a kid. He has stated his team and he is a fan of the White Sox now. Give it a rest.

This is just more nonesense to give people "reason" to bitch about him; again. Who cares what team or players he liked as a kid. He has stated his team and he is a fan of the White Sox now. Give it a rest.

I have no problem with him being a White Sox "fan" for political expediency.

I have no problem with him being a White Sox "fan" for political expediency.

haha, right. Cuz being a Sox fan is gonna get him so far in his career :rolleyes: If that was the case, being a Cubs fan would serve him better.

haha, right. Cuz being a Sox fan is gonna get him so far in his career :rolleyes: If that was the case, being a Cubs fan would serve him better.

But if you're gonna suck up in the south side, you're better off pretending to be a Sox fan.

But if you're gonna suck up in the south side, you're better off pretending to be a Sox fan.

There's nothing in the South Side. It has been long gone forgotten. All the political heads, jobs, positions of power are on the North Side, Downtown and near down town. After the factories closed on the southside, there are hardly even any jobs there. There are still a few decent neighborhoods left, but a large portion is ghetto and desolate.

So that's a non-point even if such a dumb factor played a part. Besides, I (and others) who have never lived on the Southside nor have any type of affiliation to the Southside still prefer the Sox over the Cubs. We are a minority (esp. on this side of the city) but we exist.

There's nothing in the South Side. It has been long gone forgotten. All the political heads, jobs, positions of power are on the North Side, Downtown and near down town. After the factories closed on the southside, there are hardly even any jobs there. There are still a few decent neighborhoods left, but a large portion is ghetto and desolate.

What part of town do you think a community organizer uses Alinsky tacticts. It's not the good parts of town.

So that's a non-point even if such a dumb factor played a part. Besides, I (and others) who have never lived on the Southside nor have any type of affiliation to the Southside still prefer the Sox over the Cubs. We are a minority (esp. on this side of the city) but we exist.

You just proved my point. Most people on the north side are Cubs fans. You are a minority.

What part of town do you think a community organizer uses Alinsky tacticts. It's not the good parts of town.

You just proved my point. Most people on the north side are Cubs fans. You are a minority.

There are bad parts on the North side as well. More people would probably care and be more willing to improve those areas first and back him up on it, since it is closer to their neighborhoods. What was that point? On both issues, it would be most beneficial for him to be a Cubs fan and that is IF something so silly mattered that much and had that much sway. But in reality, the notion is silly.

Coolness.

It appears as though, Bobby Cox will retire after this season. I hope that this is a sign of things to come for the Braves.

There are bad parts on the North side as well. More people would probably care and be more willing to improve those areas first and back him up on it, since it is closer to their neighborhoods. What was that point? On both issues, it would be most beneficial for him to be a Cubs fan and that is IF something so silly mattered that much and had that much sway. But in reality, the notion is silly.

The point was. Obama was a community organizer in and state senator from south Chicago. The fact that he couldn't name a single great player from the past shows he is a Sox fan of convenience. It helped him early on, politically in his area of wanted influence and he kept claiming it out of political expedience.

I really don't care if he did. It's just obvious that he's not a fan of the team, just what the team represented for his image.

The point was. Obama was a community organizer in and state senator from south Chicago. The fact that he couldn't name a single great player from the past shows he is a Sox fan of convenience. It helped him early on, politically in his area of wanted influence and he kept claiming it out of political expedience.

I really don't care if he did. It's just obvious that he's not a fan of the team, just what the team represented for his image.

To his defense, I can't name any current Sox players either. I haven't seriously watched ANY baseball games since I was a teen, yet I still prefer the Sox over the Cubs. I can even name some current Cubs players from the top of my head and I'm not a fan. So what do you make of that?:p

To his defense, I can't name any current Sox players either. I haven't seriously watched ANY baseball games since I was a teen, yet I still prefer the Sox over the Cubs. I can even name some current Cubs players from the top of my head and I'm not a fan. So what do you make of that?:p

The question wasn't about a current player. He was asked to name his favorite Sox player and couldn't come up with a single name.

Back