Hey

Post up your audio system.

What i have
4x 12' kickers
1x pioneer champions subs
pioneer gm-5500t amp
4 years old sony deck
Ipod 160gb classic (it got stolen).

I drive a toyota 4runner. It sounds nice! but could be better.

I'd like to give my ride a little bit of an audio make over. I'm not deep into audio equipments and i'd like to keep the cost minimal lol. I want to try a different set up, any one got a suggestion? Also I need a new digital device to play mp3/mp4. I really do not want to buy another ipod. I hated that damn thing. What do you have for large storage device/player? I heard that it's possible to get a SSD hard drive hooked up to the headunit.... is this true?

thanks

dont forget to post your system!

Until two weeks ago when I traded in my truck and removed the system: alpine head unit full speed iPod control, front door speakers were Polk db component speakers 6.5 inch, rear door speakers were Polk db 4x6. Front speakers driven by 1000w kenwood amp. Rear speakers driven by 250w ken wood amp. 12" pioneer sub in small sealed box driven by another 1000w kenwood amp bridged. All speakers rewired with 16 gauge monster cable. Streetwires patch cables.

I loved my full speed iPod control. I've seen some new Oem head units with built in hard drives. Not sure if they've made it to the aftermarket yet. Some decks come with USB drives for external storage. The newer head units and even most Oem head units have iPod control. The right deck and you'll like your iPod again.

I personally don't have much of a stereo going. I rock a Pioneer Deck that's never seen a CD in it's life. Rear mount USB comes out of my Accessory Switch plug and the USB stick mounts into my dash for a clean look. Stock tweets and mids, rear's are kickers. Surprisingly sounds pretty good. The deck made a hell of a difference and I've never seen that before with any of my other decks.

My buddy however.. 1999 F150 Extended Cab.. removed the back seat and threw 4 Digital Design 12" Subs in, and 4 Digital Design Speakers in the front doors. Took the rear speakers out cause you wouldn't know they were there anyway. Put a TRUE 4000 watt USA Amp in and another little 1000 watt or so for his front door speakers.

With the subs off those speakers could hurt your ears.. so crisp and clear with all that power behind em.

With the subs on and since I'm 4 eyes.. I couldn't see **** or even think.

I think he got about ...3rd in western canada? Was enough to blow the third door open anyway.

i'm not into the big bass anymore, i prefer a good quality concert sound. 1 12" or 1 10" sub is plenty to give a quality sound when paired with good speakers.

i'm not into the big bass anymore, i prefer a good quality concert sound. 1 12" or 1 10" sub is plenty to give a quality sound when paired with good speakers.

That's exactly what i'm looking for. With the extra bass, it kind of disrupt my hearing. I'm deaf and wear a hearing aid. IF there's too much bass.... that's all i hear. :/

Alpine deck with usb and ipod connections running into my glove box.

Front and rears are stock size. I had to replace the fronts with alpine type R's.

I want to toss a 10 or 12 bottom fire in my truck, for a little extra bass.

for what they are (5") they are really nice

I had a friend with a type R in a custom comp. box with a 600 Watt amp and it beat like no tomorrow! It put a couple bigger 12" sub systems to shame

My truck stock head unit, and corners (for now) and a pair of Alpine type-r 2 ohm 12” DVC with a Alpine MRP amp.

The wife’s Tahoe Infinity Kappa series components in the front, reference in the back, and a single Type R 12 4ohm DVC with an Alpine head, and 2 alpine amps.

alpine deck, 4x old skool kicker components, alpine v-power 4 channel, 2x fosgate p1 10's downfiring under seat, kicker 650 monoblock. cheap but sounds good, Im over the big bass anymore. just want it clean

I ran three Orion Cobalt series 10" SUBS in my Maxima spare wheel well. lol I insulated it with spray foam. Ran a dead head Eclispe head unit with Polk audio 4" and 6" 2 way speaks and Polk Audio tweeters. Three crusty ass Pioneer amps that were bridge and two really crusty ass capaitors. lol Total hill billy rig job. roflmao! It actually sounded half ass decent. Only because the amps had crossovers, other wise I would have been really screwed. lol

Back