Been away

timesjoke

Hi everyone,

Just saying hello after taking some time away, we had a close friend pass away and combined with some other issues me and Tami felt it was time to get away and blow off some steam.

We hit several places including a trip to California (ya, me, in California, go figure, lol) to see my son who is stationed there in the Marines. I don't know if I told you guys he got married or not, but he is and they have a small appartment off the base. When we were on the way there I remember talking with Tami about our own first appartments and such and all the interesting things we did, for example in my first appartment we had snagged one of those big wooden spools the electric company uses and covered it with carpet and used it for a coffee table :)

So we had a lot of fun guessing what kinds of things we would find in David's appartment.....and we were very surprised. He had been hitting yard sales and consignment stores and actually had a very nice appartment, imagine that, lol.

We came in at LA and had taken a suite there and had the kids come stay with us for a weekend, then Tami and his wife Julie spent a few days during the week doing "girl" stuff while I took a chance to meet with some business partners of our company (David could not get off during the day) and play some golf, we hit three different courses but I could not say if I liked Brentwood or Bel Air the best. I hit one public course too, Griffith Park, and I have to say for a public course, it was incredible.

We had a great time and took time to reflect on our friend's life several times during the trip, he was a good man and it is never easy to watch a close friend and good person pass away especially when he was not very old, 54.

Goes to my normal sig, no matter how hard you try, you can't beat time, you can't control your death, but you can control your life.

I hope everyone is doing well here.

Louis

Sorry about your friend, but I'm glad you took some time away to appreciate the good things in life ;)

mercury said:
Sorry about your friend, but I'm glad you took some time away to appreciate the good things in life ;)

Thanks, that was really the point, to step back and both contemplate the life/death reality and to get back to what can make life great. Our friend worked a lot but still tried to spend time with his family, juggling these things sometimes ends up leaving your family on the short end of the stick.......

This man never smoked, rarely drank, and was even close to his ideal weight and still he falls dead with a heart attack. This just points out that there are no gurantees in life, you can do everything right and drop dead at 30 and do everything wrong and live to be 102.

Death comes to us all, will we be able to say we are proud of the life we lived?

Sorry to hear about your friend TJ. :(

Glad you got out and had a nice time. We all have to do that at times. Wish the reasons had been different, but sounds like you had a nice time anyway.

Good for you. :)

mercury said:
and please take note: that was a genuine, nice comment. ;)

There always has to be someone who can't resist draggin in the dirty laundry, lol.

Yes, eddo said something that was nice, but to be completely accurate, he was not speaking "about" me but instead was offering me well wishes.......so he still has never said anything nice 'about' me.....so there, lol :p

It's all good, I just wish I could share something like this without people having to go there.

Maybe it could be possible if you didn't drag it out everywhere yourself. Even here you have to deny the goodwill.

I'm seriously not trying to start more sh!t, I'm just not thinking clearly today... sorry for screwing up your thread. I'll leave now.

And please don't leave me profile messages. If you have something to say to me, TJ, do it in public. Thank you for your cooperation.

timesjoke said:
Yes, eddo said something that was nice, but to be completely accurate, he was not speaking "about" me but instead was offering me well wishes.......so he still has never said anything nice 'about' me.....so there, lol :p

you have the most amazing white part of the eye that I have ever seen.

mercury said:
Maybe it could be possible if you didn't drag it out everywhere yourself. Even here you have to deny the goodwill.

So let's say I do for the sake of arguement........why are you doing it? Two wrongs make a right? You think it is okay to justify your own bad behaviors by claiming I behaved badly at some other time and place in the past so your justified to act poorly now?

You know part of my trip was about me trying to let go of some of the crap even from places like this, I determined that I will not say anything negative (unless joking) about anyone unless they start with me first letting the old crap go so please just do the same and leave me alone if you can't say something nice.

Please.

eddo said:
you have the most amazing white part of the eye that I have ever seen.

Well eddo, you can pretend all you want but I know it is the deep blue of my eyes you find the most attractive.....no I know you can never openly admit it, but my blue eyes have trapped more than just your attention ;)

I'm not even going to respond, except to say that all I did was point out that eddo is not ALWAYS an ass to you. Let's just drop it. Now that I understand your intentions to "let things go", we'll see how that project pans out.

I know I'm a terrible, awful person for drawing attention to this fact. I'll punish myself later, kay? Will that make you happy?

Sorry to hear about your friend TJ.

It sounds like you had some nice time to reflect and spend with family though.

mercury said:
I'm not even going to respond, except to say that all I did was point out that eddo is not ALWAYS an ass to you. Let's just drop it. Now that I understand your intentions to "let things go", we'll see how that project pans out.

I know I'm a terrible, awful person for drawing attention to this fact. I'll punish myself later, kay? Will that make you happy?

First you say your not going to respond........then you respond anyway, just incredible, lol.

I tell you what, I had to giggle on that one, lol.

As far as your dramatic comments about being a terrible person, what was that for? Either you were trying to start crap or you were not, all that other stuff is irrelivant and is just an attempt to direct attention away from that fact that you were being an instigator........

I will try very hard to try and let the past drop, I would appreciate your help by doing the same, I already said please, what more do you want?

emkay64 said:
Sorry to hear about your friend TJ.

It sounds like you had some nice time to reflect and spend with family though.

Thanks em, he was a good person, tough to see the good ones go when the bad ones linger, maybe that should tell us something?

We did have a good time and I am very thankful for having known him for most of my life as my friend. I have always said one good reiend is worth thouseands of fake friends, and he was certainly the definition of that concept for me.

This all reminded me of what is important in life.

Back