Better than Chester?

Jonathon Davis of Korn actually has a better vocal range than Chester. He can hit high notes and low notes with variety of vocal techniques where as Chester remains condoned to one layer of singing. However you might think that is far from true because Jonathon Davis sounds way different live than on a album. The reason being is that if JD does that night after night during shows he would kill his vocals by doing what he does in studio so to avoid that he retains a solid vocal range live to allow him to hit those notes without stranning his voice, where as Chester sings exactly like he does while in the studio.

Don't get me wrong, Chester is an amazing singer and one of the strongest lead vocalist going today. But if you look back and listen to all the Korn albums and see what JD does, I think ya'll know what I mean.

in my opinion the lead singer of mcr is no where near as good as chester

Thank You!!!!! Gerard Way really doesn't sing so much as talk loudly and strangely, i like MCR's music, dont get me woring, but the a fact his being compared to chester as a singer is insulting to chester, chester is in another leaugue vocally compared to gerard. :no:

adema also sounds like chester IMO, well on that song giving in anyway...
but chazy just does it better cause he can do it very soft and very hard. must say i like the soft side more :>

I don't think that Dry Cell singer sounds much like Chester. A little, I admit.

OT: Lyson, loving the avvy and sig! Where you ever part of the Beyblade community when it existed years ago?

OT: Lyson, loving the avvy and sig! Where you ever part of the Beyblade community when it existed years ago?
Listen to Dry Cell's album, the singer does sound a lot liek Chester...

...And Marky Chavez does not sound like Chester.

I plan to listen to dry cell because i wanna hear this lol
thanks btw :D which beyblade community do you mean? i belong to the website but thats not really a community lol.

Well, I think I sing better than Chester. (I mean sing, not scream. I can't scream at all. I just sort of whimper.)

By the way you can all kill me now.

Well, I think I sing better than Chester. (I mean sing, not scream. I can't scream at all. I just sort of whimper.)

By the way you can all kill me now.

lol, i wouldn't kill you, for all we know you do sing better than him :confused:

chester however will rock forever because he kicks ass at what he does :p lol

i listened to dry cell, that guy whoever he is does sound like chester, but not when he screams a little deeper, but his higher notes are very similar o_O;

It just depends on what you want to hear from a song. Vocal range is key, but I mean the "greatness" of a singer relies on his ability to adapt to the song. To make him/or her sound like they were made for that song and no one else could do a better job. Half the Korn songs couldn't be covered justly in terms of vocal ability. Johnathan just brings that presence that can't be duplicated. Same goes with Maynard from APC and Tool. He's a great singer and while his voice isn't exactly this melting pot of a new sound it has certain kicks in it and little things that really bring an exhilarating presence...especially live.

Chester has an amazing voice no doubt, you'd be an idiot to say he doesn't have one. But I don't think he is the best singer in a rock band currently because if you go on Youtube and type in LP COVERS you'll find a good few people who could capture the same presence Chester brings in on a song.

Do you think theres a singer in today's rock music industry who is better than him and has the similiar style....i can't find any.....for people that are gonna say Gerard Way go to hell.. I love MCR but he can't sing for jack **** and I'm kinda disappointed that Chester said in an interview that he's one of the best singers rite nw....so yea back to the question..what are your thoughts
Pete Loeffler and J. Loren are way better than Chester. Screaming. Singing. Song writing. All is better with Pete and Loren. Nuff said.

Back