Bumpercrop

Spleefman

My fellow GF posters.

I apologize once again for my long absence without explanation, but I was indeed swamped!

Besides that

Well...actually we are just going to start recording around the first of August.

One of the reasons we quit the other band ....we had recorded 9 songs back in December.

We finally got "the demo" about two weeks ago. The fearless leaders for the band had mixed and mucked the crap out of it, and only came out with 3 songs!!!!

It was horrible!

I do have some old stuff from my last band. this is the band that my lead guitarist dropped dea of a heart attack! It's all on the CD's however. We used to have some stuff on MP3.com........but it isn't there anymore.

I'll try to get some stuff on something though. But as soona swe get some material recorded, I'll give ya some listens.

Do I gotta put my real name? You should know it anyway I told you once in a private message, but I

Toby? Just kidding Hugh! :D

Well right now I am waking up over at my bass player and musical partner's house.

Spent last night going over the material we want to record...it went real well. We have got so much to pick and choose from....Working with Frankie is going to be a blast! We are great friends, and work so well together.....Finally, no stress!

Anyway..still going to get those Mp3s up today if possible.....Again, they are from my old band......

Also Snafu...NO you don't have to use your real name...just make up ****! :D

Ok...Mp3's are up and running.

Just go to....

http://Bumpercrop.net

Follow the navigation promps till you get to the Mp3 Page.

The songs that are up right now are...

Saturday Night in Mingus
The Thrill Of The Ride
Honky Tonk Therapy

All songs were actually done pre-Bumpercrop days. Honky Tonk Therapy is a complete rough track...it was never close to completion before Pat Collins died. Bumpercrop will be re-recording "Saturday Night In Mingus", and salvaging some tracks from Pat to Re-record "Honky Tonk Therapy".

Again, the quality of Honky Tonk really sucks.....(Scratch vocals, etc) but it gives you some idea of what we will be doing.

Hey phreak.......Cool new avatar!!!!! :D

Well get to a throw down soon I promise...I have alot of penned up anger that I need release of!!!!

Hang in there.....as soon as i get a few fires calmed down, we'll go!!!! :D

That was pretty damn good, better then I expected actually:rolleyes: . My wife and I both liked "Honky Tonk Therapy", but YA, it DOES need to be re-recorded, the vocal track needs more enhancement. Sounds kind of muddy.

We didn't care for "Saturday Night In Mingus", the sound track is good, but the vocals seem unsyncronized from them.. (lyric change ??), but other then that, it was pretty damn good.

Sounded pretty damn sweet coming from my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speakers. Paired with a Sound Blaster Audigy. Nice room thumping beat.:D I gots to have my music sounding good !!:cool:

Thanks Phreak......the sound will get MAJORLY better. "Honk Tonk Therapy" was an unfinished song...nowhere near close to being done. The vocals were scratch, etc. We are salvaging Pat's guitar tracks however and use on the new recording.

No...when we get the new recordings done, they will blow your mind! I will rotate some other songs in and out on the MP3's.....Check back for more!~ :D

Oh...and Saturday Night In Mingus will be vastly improved!

When I did those vocals I was completely outta my gourd on Tequila and pain pills! I had smashed all the metacarples in my right hand, and had a pin going through my entire hand....we had a dealine on finishing the CD, so we really didn't have a choice. Not making excuses, but the new recordings that we will be doing......will be much better than these!

I uploaded a new Mp3 on the Mp3 site.

It's called the "The Thrill of The Ride". It's another Collins & Hill tune. It's a tribute to Dale Earnhardt...be sure to pass the info along to Nascar Junkie!!!

By the way Phreak....everything that was recorded was done by me and Pat on the equipment that we bought.....

We produced, recorded, and mixed everything. This was our first stab at all this!

We were getting so much better at everything when we started our second CD...then Pat died! :(

Oh, I know its a bitch to learn, I myself dabble, but I do it all in software on my PC, I couldn't play an instrument to save my life... cept drums.. maybe..

But ****, put me behind the wheel of something like "Cool Edit Pro" or some other high end music mixer, and I'll ****ing compose ya a ****ing symphony. And use any ****ing instrument you want.

But I guess that's just how my brain works.... but I'm rambling here... so anyways..

I understand completely, you don't need to explain yourself.

If anybody took a GOOD listen, you can see the vocals are good, they sound "STAGE GOOD" which is a plus, when playing the song live, it will sound great. Your problem now, from what I noticed is track enhancements for certain instruments so they don't distort, or drowned out the vocals.

So to me, the problem you mainly have is a good mix quality and blend.

Here's a good way to test it. take the SHEET MUSIC, and convert it to MIDI, Then give the LYRICS to someone and see if they can piece them in the song in there head like its a catchy tune. This is why I said the one track needs some lyric rework. It loses your internal rhythm between the music and the words, but DAMN the music hits good and hard. So leave the music track, just rewrite the lyrics a bit.

You almost remind me of a Travis Tritt type sound on the distorted track my wife and I liked,"Honky Tonk Therapy", a cleaner mix of this would in my opinion, be worthy of radio air play. Excellent vocals, too bad the track is grainy.

Thanks for all that great input Phreak! :D

I will deffiantely keep all that in mind!

I have been away for a week.....My boys were in town and I was on vacation! :D

Didn't get near a computer or work the whole time! It was great fun, as well as relaxing!

Anyway...still sorting through material that we are looking at for the CD.....we should start some recording in a couple of weeks!

I'll keep ya posted! :cool:

Back