Can I Ask Your Opinions?

angelwithburntwings said:
hi, just asking for a bit of advice and for your opinions
i'm 17 and i'm going out with this girl, i love her, i really do (you've probs heard me rant on other threads about her :p) but heres the.... well not problem, but slight complication.... she's 14.
the relationship isn't sexual yet, if we stay together long enough it will, she has told me that she wants to... but the age gap. i've said to her that i'd like to wait til she's at least 15, i'll even wait til she's 16, thats how much i love her!
personally it doesn't bother me, i know i'm not doing anything wrong, if we were having sex constantly then yeh, but we're not! and my friends, people i rely on for friendship and support give me dirty looks when i hold her, kiss her, whatever... and i know some people who want to give me a "talk" about her age... and these people will go to the police if they hear or see the slightest thing sexual.... it's f***ing annoying (scuse my language).
and i've been having thoughts about breaking up with her about it, cos usually it doesn't get to me, but even my friends have been making snide comments and giving me dirty looks... i don't want to break up with her, but it is really getting to me.
so what do you think i should do? cos i value your opinions (enough with the ass licking McGowan!)
Beat the **** out of the next person to do that to you.

Hey, it really sounds like you love her. I don't think that age should matter in that kind of relationship. BUT you should be careful during a sexual situation. she's only 14, and you wouldn't want her to have a child and have to deal with it this early. Use protection! *fake voice* lol seriously tho, you guys sound special, and i respect that, just be careful, k!? thats my 2 cents!

twilightcrimson7 said:
Hey, it really sounds like you love her. I don't think that age should matter in that kind of relationship. BUT you should be careful during a sexual situation. she's only 14, and you wouldn't want her to have a child and have to deal with it this early. Use protection! *fake voice* lol seriously tho, you guys sound special, and i respect that, just be careful, k!? thats my 2 cents!

Completely agree with you on that one. just be carefull and take care big fella

angelwithburntwings said:
lol i will, i'm gonna stay with her, sod everyone else, if they got a problem then they should say it to my face, if they haven't got the guts to then why should i let them bother me???

no-one will have the balls to say anything to you cause no one wants to screw up someone else's love if that makes sense

When I asked out my girlfriend last month, I was 17 and she was 14 as well. I had to put up with the same **** from a few people as well. One kid asked me what I saw in a 14 year old freshman, and I simply said "Me and her are so alike in so many ways, and we have a great relationship. I would rather date a 14 year old girl and have a wonderful relationship and be called a pediophile then date a 17 year old girl who I only like half as much."
The guy sat for a few seconds, then nodded and said "You're right, and it takes something special to say something like that." Then he left me alone and never brought it up again.
Just ignore all these assholes. They don't know anything, and hell they even stopped mocking me the day she turned 15. How stupid. But, please, do be careful about the kissing and what not. Believe it or not, you could already be above the age of consent (I just found out recently in Indiana, the age of consent is 16, not 18) so just be careful. Sex destroys relationships.
I had the same feelings you are having now, but do not give in to these bastards who mock you. If this is what you want, then follow your heart and stay true to who you are. Prove 'em wrong. I did.

SNiPeRViRuS said:
Beat the **** out of the next person to do that to you.
That also works I guess. A bunch of my friends were pissing me off when they were mocking my girlfriend, and finally I lost it and punched my friend right in the face. I'm not very strong so I didn't do much damage, but it did get the point across.

thanks clogz, i'm gonna remember that, cos it's true, for me anyways, thanks a lot. and yeh i know that sex can destroy relationships, been there, done that, got the scars, know what i mean..... but this time i think things are different, i believe that i could spend the rest of my life with this girl and i wouldn't have wasted my life.... so thank you all, for the support and the advice, you all rock my cotton socks :p :thumbsup:

Around where I live (Boganville, Australia), most of the guys that go out with younger girls are only in it for onne thing. I really wish we had more guys like you around here! They're all so bloody sleazy!
And everyone else is so judgmental (sp?) of that sort of thing. My boyfriend is only a year and a half older than me, and we still get frowned upon. We're able to laugh it off, though. It's ridiculous! People have gotten used to us, though. They've finally realised that their insults are terrible.

Luv, Fallen Angel xx

well thank you *blushes*
and yeh, most people have stopped with the comments and looks since i've had a word with them, they think it's a bit wrong, but i've explained to them my intentions and how what they are are doing is getting to me, and most have laid off :D
theres a few people who still think it's wrong, but i know to ignore them cos they're opinion doesn't really bother me

Back