Can they quit on their own?

Phantom said:
I think he means the mother just ran off and left her child at home with whoever happened to be there... which happened to be you. I didn't take it as a dig against you but as a dig against the mother for dumping her children on her company while she went to get high.
That's how I read it too.

Yeah it was nothing on you Atlantic. You should know that.
People like that will leave there kid in a car or at a crack house while scoring somewhere else. They well spend grocery money for dope. The only thing that matters is the dope. And it's not like some people can get a handle on this ****. Nobody can get a handle on crack. It will consume you. FACT!
But at least she thought enough of her kid to leave her with you that night. For that night she was in good hands.

Msixty said:
just advice, take it with a grain of salt, but i say force her to spend time with her kids, ALLOT of time, if she refuses threaten to turn her in, make them go to chuck e cheese or something, find out who she gets it from and make sure she avoids them or others that do it, DON'T BE SOFT! and if you find her doing it, kick her ass, soap in a towel usually won't leave big marks, and a gut shot usually leaves only faint marks. that's my 2 cents, but like i said, take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I can tell you don't have kids yet. This isn't a slight towards you, but only the kids loose when you force someone to be with them that doesn't want to be there. Ask any full time parent who has to send their kid with the part time parent. The part time parent doesn't want to be there, but it is the kid that suffers. Using children as emotional collateral never works.

Turn her ass in. It's really the only way. Children are involved. I can't stand that ****.

snafu said:
Yeah it was nothing on you Atlantic. You should know that.
People like that will leave there kid in a car or at a crack house while scoring somewhere else. They well spend grocery money for dope. The only thing that matters is the dope. And it's not like some people can get a handle on this ****. Nobody can get a handle on crack. It will consume you. FACT!
But at least she thought enough of her kid to leave her with you that night. For that night she was in good hands.
Sorry about that Snafu. I'm just still in shock I think. Good point about the money, she also receives welfare, she admitted that night to spending more than half her check that month on crack, but told me she's gonna quit (yeah right). Her husband also works under the table, makes about 800.00 a week, yet they still never have food; and he leaves quite often and doesn't come home, and he owes 40,000.00 in back support for 2 kids he didn't take care of. I really wonder what they were thinking even having a child.

NazzNegg2 said:

On a side note, all of you that do drugs like pot etc.. don't have a leg to stand on handing out advice, its like a serial killer handing out advice to a mass murderer. But of course your drugs are different.

What’s that supposed to mean? Yes, me smoking pot is nothing like smoking crack. It’s like night and day. You should pound down a few more scotch and waters and think about what you said. I know people who have recovered from it and people that have died from this ****. I speak from experience.

I 100% endorse Marijuana as a gateway drug to help people kick the drug habit.

I haven't done it in over a year, but I still stand by it's potential as a withdrawl drug.

And, it's non addicting.

phreakwars said:
I 100% endorse Marijuana as a gateway drug to help people kick the drug habit.

I haven't done it in over a year, but I still stand by it's potential as a withdrawl drug.

And, it's non addicting.

Yes it dose. It helped me even quit drinking and cigarettes.

NazzNegg2 said:
On a side note, all of you that do drugs like pot etc.. don't have a leg to stand on handing out advice, its like a serial killer handing out advice to a mass murderer. But of course your drugs are different.

have you ever had coffee or a soda? then by your logic you have no 'leg to stand on' with us pot smokers, caffeine is an addictive substance with although toned down, similar effects on your system as say... coke... and looking at that 'logic' of yours, you're smoking SOMETHING.

NazzNegg2 said:
So are you disputing what I said or agreeing with it?? Because it sounds an awful lot like you are agreeing.

I'm displaying the error in your logic. you are trying to say i am as bad as someone who will give up their kids for a high, i am simply pointing out that by your 'logic' you would be just as bad. but you're not, and I'm not, so your logic is flawed.

NazzNegg2 said:
What I am saying is this: Anyone who takes any drug should not be handing out advice to another person who is also taking drugs.

Any addiction: Crack, Meth, Nicotine, Caffeine etc.. is still an addiction and a indication of how much control an individual has over themselves, some may keep it to a low level, some don't, either way it is a person not totally steering their own ship, they are weak minded.

I never said anything directly about you or to you, you are working on the basis of your own knowledge about yourself. You are the only one who knows what you do and do not do. It seems that you feel like your doing something wrong, I suggest you go with that feeling and modify your behavior.

My logic is sound.

That’s bullshit. And buy your logic anybody that drinks has no leg to stand on either.
Taking other drugs might mean that that person still has an addictive behavior but if that someone has done hard drugs and quit, their testimony could be invaluable to someone who wants to quit.
They have been there, done that. I started out doing drugs when I was 14. I can tell you that having an addictive behavior, pot was a good crutch to wean off and quit harder drugs. Even alcohol. Without pot I could not have made it through the 2 years of cooking and smoking this **** up in my nightly nightmares. Yes two ****ing years of pure hell.
I’ve run the streets. I know the element these people live in. So I would have to say that your logic is completely backwards.

By his logic, people should not be prescribed methadone. Yet it is widely used.

What about nicotine patches ??

It goes back to being the same thing as chewing on a carrot stick or bubble gum. It's used to take out the mental thoughts of having a cigarette.

When your dealing with a heavy drug like Meth, crack, heroin, coke, etc. The temptation factor is much higher then it would be with weed.

You'll never see anybody suck dick for a joint.

Since the substance does not cause those types of addictions, yet does offer an alternative to a buzz, it is almost the perfect drug.

Remember how weed was classified, as a Level 1 drug.

Level 1 drugs are those which do not have a medical purpose. It is still not illegal in the united states, or anywhere in the world for that matter to manufacture or distribute drugs. It is however illegal to distribute a drug that has been placed in that Level 1 group.

Hense, the fight to legalize marijuana starts with proving it has a MEDICINAL use (like help with withdrawl).

And sorry, but classifying it as a level one only comes from the racial fears of the drug from years ago.

Phantom said:
No. Crack addicts absolutely cannot quit on their own. I know she is your friend but please, please report this for the sake of her child. I hate being a rat but this child comes first. Please, please, please do something for the child's sake. He or she does not deserve a crack addict for a mother.

Ohhhhh c'mon Phanny. Thats a ****ing cop-out. I smoked crack before. Several times in the past. We bought some powder, used a spoon, a candle, a dab of water and some baking soda. Heated it while stirring just like pudding, and smoked it while cat fishing. It was fun. No one died. No one started sucking dick or stealing radios to pawn for another fix. Its not as addictive as people might lead you to believe. If you're smoking crack everyday and making a mess of your life, than ****ING STOP IT!!! You don't need treatment. You don't need counseling. You need to ****ing stop smoking so much crack. If you abuse crack, than flat out you're a piece of **** and you choose this. Its not a contagious virus. Its a habit. STOP IT! If crack didn't exist, then I ****ing guarantee that these same hobo ass losers would be tanking their lives via some other form of intoxicant.
Its not the crack that ruins lives, its the people that smoke it.

Nazz said:
What I am saying is this: Anyone who takes any drug should not be handing out advice to another person who is also taking drugs

I'd say its the opposite. Talking about narcotics when you never used them, is akin to me discussing space travel or what its like to be a cheerleader for the National Football League. I smoked pot for 20 damn years and quit cold to ensure I got custody of my child. I have license to speak about narcotics because I know alot about them.
I've smoked cocaine many many times so I know what the **** its like. I also know you'd have to be a weak minded fool to let a dirty drug like that too dictate the quality of your life. A person that has experience abusing drugs is the best type of person to hand out advice about it. Again, my advice to you if you're smoking coke everyday.......****ING STOP IT!!!

NazzNegg2 said:
Thats right fool

Geee really? I would have never guessed:rolleyes:

So a prostitute should stick to hand jobs if she wants to stop being a prostitute??

The streets are full of **** talkers, ***** mother ****ers and homos, which one were you? or was it all three?

The streets..gimme a break.. Will I now be subjugated to hearing about the hard core streets? Yo man I'm from NY, LA.... Detroit city Man.. it was insane Man!! you wouldn't understand man !!.. whatever, the only reason anyone thinks anything about the streets is tough or hard is because they don't actually know **** about real violence, **** the streets !! the so called hard streets only exist because the cops and the law keep all the so called hard street people from being wiped off the face of the planet.

I am not the one handing out the bullshit advice, I am the one simply pointing out the hypocrisy, my logic is sound.

Thats right do the drugs, get hooked on the drugs, die with the drugs. No free clinics, no free medical and no free synthetics

**** them also, same-same

O-yes you will, in fact Ive seen people give it up for a bag-o-weed

Racial fears?? like weed is..what.. Chinese or something

And AIDS doesn't ruin lives its the people that have sex that ruin lives.. de da de.... ok then..

Thats like me using the fact that I married a black woman and have 4 half black kids, so I should have license to use the word ****** when ever I want and because of my 21 year close association I have a special understanding and insight into what black is because I know a lot about them.... de da de.... other then those two things I agree.

All your berating still doesn

Nazz said:
Thats like me using the fact that I married a black woman and have 4 half black kids, so I should have license to use the word ****** when ever I want and because of my 21 year close association I have a special understanding and insight into what black is because I know a lot about them.... de da de.... other then those two things I agree.
NO. No Its not. Thats not a very good metaphor.

I wasn't tying to poise myself as a narcotics expert. My point was simple. I find it silly when people talk about how hard it is to quit smoking crack, or any drug, when they've never smoked it. Is like criticizing a food that you've never tasted (A much better metaphor). I smoked crack. Its lame. I've heard news reporters do this, like their making excuses for the low life druggies that get hooked. With sensationalist statements like "One hit and the user is addicted". Thats what I'm talking about, and its full-on bullshit!

I take issue when people try and make habitual drug abuse (this includes alcohol) parallel to a disease. ADDICTION IS NOT A DISEASE! You can't catch alcoholism. This is ****ing politically correct hogwash.
Yes, your body can become physically dependent on a substance. However this does not equate to a "disease". Ultimately its the mind that controls the body and what the body ingests. When I stopped getting high, **** YA I was a little antsy the first few days. Watching my friends smoke was difficult at first. BUT....I didn't cave. My "disease" didn't take me down.

For those of you that haven't smoked cocaine, allow me to illustrate what its like. When you take a hit it feels really really really good. Weeeeeeeeee. I'm talkin really really good. But, unlike marijuana or alcohol, it goes away in less than 30 seconds. I mean really really fast. Too make it worse, the euphoria is suddenly replaced by a dark empty feeling. Like your stuck in the bottom of a ten foot hole and theres no way out save for one......another hit. Which is why the OP described her friend sitting in the bathroom for a long long time. Its not like weed. You don't take a few hits and your good to go. You have to keep chasing that dragon if you want to keep the high. Any person with self control should see this as an irrational pursuit.
Its like really great sex with a girl that punches you in the dick after you cum. A concept that intelligent and mentally strong people can grasp as unwelcoming and detrimental.

Jhony5 said:

For those of you that haven't smoked cocaine, allow me to illustrate what its like. When you take a hit it feels really really really good. Weeeeeeeeee. I'm talkin really really good. But, unlike marijuana or alcohol, it goes away in less than 30 seconds. I mean really really fast. Too make it worse, the euphoria is suddenly replaced by a dark empty feeling. Like your stuck in the bottom of a ten foot hole and theres no way out save for one......another hit. Which is why the OP described her friend sitting in the bathroom for a long long time. Its not like weed. You don't take a few hits and your good to go. You have to keep chasing that dragon if you want to keep the high. Any person with self control should see this as an irrational pursuit.
Its like really great sex with a girl that punches you in the dick after you cum. A concept that intelligent and mentally strong people can grasp as unwelcoming and detrimental.

Perfect analogy. The 30 second thing. And you spend the rest of your life trying to catch that feeling again.

But it might have been easy for you to walk away. It wasn't so easy for me.

snafu said:
Perfect analogy. The 30 second thing. And you spend the rest of your life trying to catch that feeling again.

But it might have been easy for you to walk away. It wasn't so easy for me.

Well ya know, I suppose you're right. Intoxicants effect people in different ways. Like me with alcohol. I feel like I've been poisoned when I drink the sauce. Other people love the stuff. Sometimes it boggles my mind when I hear people say they don't smoke weed because it makes them feel sick.

But as they say, to each his own. I suppose cocaine is no different. It just so happens that of all the friends I've done coke with, none of us really gave a **** whether we did it again.

Its just hard for me to understand how people who habitually use cocaine, can't see what its doing to them. I lost a good friend to pills. Hes not dead. Hes just lost. When we were about 19, myself and his other friends would tell him continuously what was going to happen if he kept taking pills everyday. Eventually he degraded into a bizarre and warped person. Haven't spoken to him in years.

Jhony5 said:
Well ya know, I suppose you're right. Intoxicants effect people in different ways. Like me with alcohol. I feel like I've been poisoned when I drink the sauce. Other people love the stuff. Sometimes it boggles my mind when I hear people say they don't smoke weed because it makes them feel sick.

But as they say, to each his own. I suppose cocaine is no different. It just so happens that of all the friends I've done coke with, none of us really gave a **** whether we did it again.

Its just hard for me to understand how people who habitually use cocaine, can't see what its doing to them. I lost a good friend to pills. Hes not dead. Hes just lost. When we were about 19, myself and his other friends would tell him continuously what was going to happen if he kept taking pills everyday. Eventually he degraded into a bizarre and warped person. Haven't spoken to him in years.

I think you should also know that any disease can't be caught. Diabetes, bi-polar, any number of things, alcholism, are disease, and they can't be "caught". AIDS can be caught, but it's a virus. Mislabeled and mis-talked about. But still a virus. It drives me crazy when people talk about things with the wrong verbage and labeling.

And from your bird's eye view of addiction, you have proved nothing. Looking at the stats any number of reliable health organizations, which I don't have time for right now, would prove you wrong in a nano second. Just because you didn't have a problem with hard core drugs doesn't mean true addiction doesn't exsist. I don't have a penis, but that doesn't mean they don't exsist.

Back