Change To New Posts Results

hoser

Thanks for changing the "New Post's" to include threads that have already been read but not changed since the last visit!

It is super nice to have easy access to all the recent posts!

Unfortunately there is now a problem.

As soon as I read a thread with a new post it disappears from the new posts results. So as an example, after I posted this thread, I hit the "What's New?" button and this thread did not show up in the results.

Me too lol!

Also, now when I click on the little "go to first unread post" for a thread, even ones that I have posted in, it just takes me to the very first post of the thread.

Actually, it is a lot easier to just hit the "What's New?" button since it is on every page. The "Quick Links" is only on the main forum page and to update the list you have to go back to the main forum page to get to the quick links.

Actually, it is a lot easier to just hit the "What's New?" button since it is on every page. The "Quick Links" is only on the main forum page and to update the list you have to go back to the main forum page to get to the quick links.

Sorry, I thought hoser meant when he came back to the site he was having an issue. Your right if you're already in the forum reading and not coming back to the site. My bad.

That's the way it is supposed to work. If you read a thread it will no longer show up. It was working different previously b/c the forum was not tracking cookies correctly.

You liked it better before?

Yes, liked it much better before. It is the way I have seen it work on other forums too when I hit the New Posts button. I want to be able to see all the posts from the last day or so. Many times I read a post, and then come back to it to respond after thinking about it. It is much easier to just scroll down the new posts list then try to remember what forum it was in and track it down that way.

Bump... can we go back please? Thread still shows but changes color slightly.. I like to read, then come back to stuff... but can never bloody find it!! Really annoying!

sounds like a matter of opinion folks, might need to call a vote for this change. i personally like it how it was previously, but i can handle the current setup.

I really wish it would go back to the way it was too, that is the way it is on every other forum I have ever been on. New posts are bold, read posts are not bold but still show up in the "new posts" results. That way, like Stew said, you can come back to a thread if you think of something to add. Now if you want to find a thread that you just read you have to go searching through the forum to find it. That's too much work and makes it harder to add information to a thread.

I have posted a Poll in the lounge so make sure to vote if you want your opinion to count

Arrggg.. just looked something up for HID thread... now can't find the bloody thread again... stop the disappearing posts...

Please!

Pretty please..

Pretty please with a ****ing cherry if it helps??

Back