Chester ~~> Small Update On The New Album

o0SugaxNxSpice0o

Clive Billy Johnson
I found this little extract that Chester said about the new album :eek:

"We also hunted down Chester Bennington after his Grammy duet with Paul McCartney, who reports that he's shelved his solo album for the time being to concentrate on the next Linkin Park record, which should be out in late summer. Rick Rubin is producing, and the band has already come up with fifty new tracks. "It's dark and spooky, poppy and very melodic," says Bennington. "Not a hard, heavy rock record. What it is, is ****ing insane!"

SOURCE: Rolling Stones

50 songs?!:O Wow lol, please release at least 1 of those and give us a taste :p o0o dark and spooky? I like the sound of that :)

Nice find Jen :thumbsup:

Sounds a lot like what they have spoken of, that the album will be built around the concept of something similar to Breaking the Habit.

I wouldn't mind if LP released the album with all 50 tracks...
but what are the chances of that happening?

...I don't like the description of thier new music... sounds odd...

Hey, that's awesome!! Thanks for that! I love the description of the music. Can't wait. And i 100% agree...I mean...it's not SO hard to release atleast ONE of the 50 tracks :p.

o0SugaxNxSpice0o said:
I found this little extract that Chester said about the new album :eek:

"We also hunted down Chester Bennington after his Grammy duet with Paul McCartney, who reports that he's shelved his solo album for the time being to concentrate on the next Linkin Park record, which should be out in late summer. Rick Rubin is producing, and the band has already come up with fifty new tracks. "It's dark and spooky, poppy and very melodic," says Bennington. "Not a hard, heavy rock record. What it is, is ****ing insane!"

SOURCE: Rolling Stones

50 songs?!:O Wow lol, please release at least 1 of those and give us a taste :p o0o dark and spooky? I like the sound of that :)

I prefer linkinpark as hard/heavy rock / screaming.

**** I dont want LP to be like that >_< go back to the HT days guys.....the heavy rock with insane raps was amazing. Meteora changed that and lost a lot of fans....

Hahninator said:
**** I dont want LP to be like that >_< go back to the HT days guys.....the heavy rock with insane raps was amazing. Meteora changed that and lost a lot of fans....

...and now ill be even more ridiculed 4 bein a LP fan because the album will be totally gay sounding and i will burn my lp shirts and go into hiding. :mad:

Stllmn8j said:
...and now ill be even more ridiculed 4 bein a LP fan because the album will be totally gay sounding and i will burn my lp shirts and go into hiding. :mad:
I hope to God that was sarcasm.

Hahninator said:
I might give up on LP entirely if the sound doesn't return to HT style
That's what they're ridiculed for most; that alot of their songs sound the same. Bands grow and evolve, it's going to happen.

You guys are taking this way to hard.

Hybrid Soldier said:
As long as they dont become an emo band ill be fine.
LP has always been a little emo. Emo = Emotional. But they are definately NOT an emo band, haha.

LP being poppy? Not hard rock? Hybrid Theory is my second favorite CD of all time! And that was hard rock, with screaming and rapping, basically.

I'm almost 100% sure that this album will disappoint me. Misery also pointed out that this contridicts with what he said ealier... There's supposed to be a lot more screaming on this album than the other two albums.

Brkng_Th_Hbt said:
LP has always been a little emo. Emo = Emotional. But they are definately NOT an emo band, haha.

LP being poppy? Not hard rock? Hybrid Theory is my second favorite CD of all time! And that was hard rock, with screaming and rapping, basically.

I'm almost 100% sure that this album will disappoint me. Misery also pointed out that this contridicts with what he said ealier... There's supposed to be a lot more screaming on this album than the other two albums.
He didnt say anythign about not screaming in this article.

Hey the working with Rick Rubin he won't make them sound like a Pop act. Rick always produces good stuff.

o0SugaxNxSpice0o said:
"It's dark and spooky, poppy and very melodic," says Bennington. "Not a hard, heavy rock record. What it is, is ****ing insane!"

That's terrible, I was really wanting a heavy rock album like Hybrid Theory or Meteora. :( But, in the LPU chat he said "There will be A LOT of screaming" so...

Spooky?

Hybrid theory was very dark in comparison to meteora.
I like the spooky idea.
But if they go too spooky they will end up like Evenescence (They RocK!)
I Hope They Keep Screaming.
all i can say is STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND RELEASE IT!

Back