Child abuse cases

ToriAllen

My mother is in Social Worker training right now and she has had to watch tragic videos about abuse almost every day. She has decided that she is going to use me to off-load some of these very emotional stories. Now that I can no longer sleep due to rage, frustration, and a feeling of helplessness, I have decided to off-load the stories onto you

I'm very sorry your mother is unloading these stories on you. On the other hand, I think more awareness needs to be made about these cases. They are not as rare as we like to think. I spent 3 years on foster homes, and have many memories of horrific things that happened to me and other kids as well. While I don't go out looking to see if every kid is being abused, I have called CPS before on my neighbors because their little girl always was crying. Not colic crying, I know what that's like. This was them screaming and then her crying, almost everyday. CPS came and they haven't brought her back yet. I think we need to be the voice for babies and children who can not speak.

I think stories like these are so frustrating! I think one of the reasons why they are so hard to read is that there

Oh my God.... I am too weak to type after reading that... I can't believe it is true. No it can't be... no one is that cruel not even muslims treat their children this way.

Man I'm sick

Thanks Tori... you really brightened my day :(

GREAT GUARDIANS!!!!! This is why our young people are screwed up!!!! Stuff like this is the reason most of us here would turn into vigilantes!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unfortunately I have had to see child abuse and neglect situations quite often. It is the one thing you can never get used to. I have had to watch slides of autopsies of children who have died as a result of their abuse. In many the bruises cover entire regions of the body and continue all the way from the outside of the skin to the innermost muscle layer.

One reason that I despise defense attorneys is from a case I was involved with a father, who has a history of domestic violence and child abuse allegations, had visitation with his children. The 7 year old daughter and the 5 year old daughter were arguing over a video game. The father lost his temper and threw the 5 year old into a recliner which he hurt his back on the arm and then threw the 7 year old toward the couch. He threw her too high and she hit her head on the wall behind the couch. Her mother ended up taking her to the emergency room the next day because she had been listless and began to vomit. She was diagnosed with a concussion.

Even though the only witnesses where 5 and 7 three other children in the house ages 13, 16 and 18 said they heard the argument and heard something hit the wall. All five children told very consistent stories and the only story that was different was the father's who minimized what he did by saying that he just set them on the furniture.

The lawyer for the father purposely waited several months to question the 5 and 7 year old children in depositions. Since their stories changes somewhat the case was dismissed. Damn near any 5 and 7 year old wouldn't remember exact details after several months and the defense attorney knew he could confuse them. Because of the attorney pulling a crappy stunt like that the father got his rights to visitation back and the children have to go with him.

Cases like this and the cases of sexual abuse to children are the reason a lot of people I work with have to go to counseling regularly. It's too much for people to keep to themselves and that might be why your mother had to talk about what she saw with you, Tori.

I once aspired to work in child welfare. One class that went into detail about cases of neglect and abuse made me realize I am NOT a strong enough person to handle all of that let alone handle it while my hands are tied by red tape. There are few things in this world that I cannot stomache. The abuse of a child is one of them. The only reason I am glad my child is growing up without a father is because in my heart I know these stories would be about her if her father WERE still in the picture. I cannot imagine a person doing these things to ANYONE let alone a child.

cry

Jesus.

Vigialantism eh... Well heres a story, not one i'm particulary proad of nor do I regret it.

I myself was abused as a child, not the most pleasent but it was ntohign compared to this ****. Anyway, it stop in my early teens for a couple of reasons. Anyhow, I'm form the country where some people can get away with a fair amount. There was this little girl who was a real sweetheart, I knew her through my involment with the community. I knew little about her until I heard somebody tell me that she had a nasty burn on her face, Although her father was hiding her for the time I managed to get to talk with her which concluded with the realization that it was her father that had done this, with an Iron.

I am one who has a temendous amount of control, and am quite passive. But I snapped, he father found out I had talk to her and later come to ask me what she told me (This was before i could call the police), Before he got out a word I snapped his knee and beat him to submission. In the process breaking of his 2 ribs. I then called the cops and he was later found guilty, the mother testified against him (why she didn't call themherself I don't know, scared i guess.) When the police came to get him they questioned me, I told themwhat happened (generally) but no chargs were brought against me, he appearently felt he got what he deserved. Although an eye was kept on me for awhile. (For reference, I had been a martial artist for several years at the time). I feel like **** for losing myself, there was no real need for it. But i dunno, did i do the 'JUST' thing... God, I gotta go hit the bong....

I've seen the guy since, he has a limp.. It makes me feel sick.

OH MY GOD Tori. how awful...I am crying just reading it.
This is the kind of story that makes you want to grab your own child and never let go.

I am so ANGRY these things are happening. I feel the anger as if they were my own children. The law is not doing enough, pure and simple. God help me but I fantasize about getting ahold of someone like this, I want to shove my glock in their mouth, I want to hear the metal barrel clang on their teeth, I would love to see them with the fear in their eyes and maybe them realizing what its like for the innocent children they abuse...just before I blow their heads off.
Needless to say I no longer read the news reports of things like this, its been getting to me ever since I had to write that damn paper on sexual predators.

DCF needs to be held accountable. I have heard cases in many states (including here in CT) where they put the child back in the care of the abusive parents, and the child ends up dead.
THIS is why I would support mandatory parenting classes mandated by the government for anyone who wishes to reproduce. NO child should have to live in fear of their parents. It makes me sick to my stomach to hear things like this. HOW can you do that to a child?

OMG!!! Tori that was awful.I once lived in south africa.Our neighbourhood was very friendly,everyone knew each other and it was very peaceful.But one morning the police came round and arrested a woman that lived down the road from us.We were suprised at this,cos we could not think of one reason why this nice woman who lived alone would be arrested.
Turns out she didn't live alone.Two days later we got the news of the reason why she was arrested.The most shocking thing i've ever heard.It turned out that she had an 8 month old baby we didn't know about.She took her baby and put it in the oven and turned up the heat.The baby died instantly.
Her reason for doing it= Baby couldn't stop crying.
Everything changed after that.People got wary of each other.

There is absolutely nothing that can justify the killing of child.These bastards should be shot immediately.Damn! If only I was given the honour of pulling the trigger.

Back