Congressional Inquirey Into Slow Response in New Orleans

Jhony5 said:
Bingo.
Again, its embarassing as an American. Crisis is not the time for meetings and endless pages of forms to be signed and approvals to seek. You throw our resources together as fast as you ****ing can with no god damn questions, with no ****ing press conferences, and you get there and do SOMETHING now. If its somewhat chaotic when all the help shows up, fine. At least someones there. Dont forget the first 3 or 4 days of the situation in New Orleans. How many times did you here "troops are on the way " "relief is coming " "help will be there soon "?
The unexpected issues in New Orleans serves as a microcosm to what will happen if we are attacked again on a large scale.

And there are those in government that want to take my ****ing guns away, HA !!!! No thanks, I think i'll be keeping my semi-auto's. By the looks of things, I might just need them.

You may well need your private arsenal.

Back to the topic as we left it. Martial law negates litigious licence? Yes?

I admit that I know a little of the Westminster legal system, but I don't think that system applies in the US. Does the enforcement of martial law include the negation of litigious action?

Jhony5 said:
Tizz, I think you missed my point. Your right about the insurance issues. There is a tangled web of red tape involved with any evac plan. Which is exactly why it took many days for FEMA to properly respond. These government agencies have had billions of dollars pumped into them. They swore they were prepared to take immeadiate action.

The point i'm trying to make is this. The chain of command needs to be narrowed down to one person/agency. Whether its a disaster that was forecast ahead of time or one that just sprang up and surprised us all. Congress needs to get involved, laws will need to be passed. So that there is a definitive control over all issues involved. That way agengy 1 doesn't have to have a meeting with ageny 2. Then agency 2 holds a press conference. Then agency 2 meets with agency 3 to get approval for agency 1. Now agency 1 has approval but they need to meet with agency 4. It goes on and on and on. We need to do better for our own. This bureucratic bullshit is unacceptable.

Hopefully that is one of the MANY lessons that will be learned from this tragedy.

Back