Cutting?

LSUTiger said:
Sorry, still not a valid reason to cut yourself...not even close.

Know what, I had a huge post here, but fighting over something no one will look deep into is pointless and I don't want kicked off the sight for anger. So whatever. Why waste my time?

Since when did this turn into fighting? I don't remember rubbing sand in your vagina at anytime during the discussion, but whatever.

And you've got to be kidding me with that whole "look deep into cutting" reference. What are you expecting out of us, a research paper? Yeah, I'll be sure and bust out a Works Cited page on the history of cutting so I can get some sort of "deep" understanding of why you spend all your time in the silverware department of Sears.

Methinks you don't want to "waste your time" because you can't suffice an argument worthy of combating the "why you shouldn't cut yourself" points we've made.

LSUTiger said:
Since when did this turn into fighting? I don't remember rubbing sand in your vagina at anytime during the discussion, but whatever.

And you've got to be kidding me with that whole "look deep into cutting" reference. What are you expecting out of us, a research paper? Yeah, I'll be sure and bust out a Works Cited page on the history of cutting so I can get some sort of "deep" understanding of why you spend all your time in the silverware department of Sears.

Methinks you don't want to "waste your time" because you can't suffice an argument worthy of combating the "why you shouldn't cut yourself" points we've made.

Look who's trying to start a fight. I don't want to waste my goddamn time with you because typing word that can be looked over is stupid. I wasn't starting a fight, I was adding my thoughts. If I wanted to fight, I'd beat the **** out of someone. And I HAVE been in fights, so shut you trap before you reply to this. And I don't want you to do a freakin' report on it. I'm done with this. I don't want banned, and I'm sure you don't. And if I do get banned over this, I'm not going to go down alone. You better get it too. I'm done!

Peace out.

If anybody gets banned over this; this place officially sucks balls.

BTW - You were the first person to put the word "fight" in any post about this issue. I'm the one trying to avoid it.

I was merely pointing out that you took the cheap way out of what could of been a good discussion.

LSUTiger said:
If anybody gets banned over this; this place officially sucks balls.

BTW - You were the first person to put the word "fight" in any post about this issue. I'm the one trying to avoid it.

I was merely pointing out that you took the cheap way out of what could of been a good discussion.

you have a twisted definition of avoid then. because your'e the one who slid in little insults within your post. and who the **** are you to say what's a valid reason and what's not? if we're gonna say what's valid and what's not, then you're not valid as a person, so just stop trying.

Hyper said:
you have a twisted definition of avoid then. because your'e the one who slid in little insults within your post. and who the **** are you to say what's a valid reason and what's not? if we're gonna say what's valid and what's not, then you're not valid as a person, so just stop trying.

And who the **** is she to decide what's valid? And who the **** are you to decide what's valid? And who the **** told you that your last sentence made any sense whatsoever? Valid as a person? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Look if you wanna slice and dice yourself, ****ing go for it. I've still got every right to get creeped the **** out by your style of "venting."

LSUTiger said:
And who the **** is she to decide what's valid? And who the **** are you to decide what's valid? And who the **** told you that your last sentence made any sense whatsoever? Valid as a person? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Look if you wanna slice and dice yourself, ****ing go for it. I've still got every right to get creeped the **** out by your style of "venting."

rofl, the last sentence makes total sense, just too complicated for your comprehension. and who said i cut? i sure the hell didn't, you can't even get facts straight before sayin stuff, nice.

Hyper said:

So I'm not the only one who noticed the insults.

I'm out of the whole fight deal.

Ok wait, unless I am mistaking one of you guys said "Some of us come from familys who abuse us" hmm.. Then why after getting abused and hurt would go and hurt yourself. Doesn't that seem just a little bit retarded? I mean come on now. Why cut when you can do other things to get away your anger? Hmm.. Scream in a pilow, watch TV, you know what I am saying.

Sorry for getting everyone pissed off. I know I went a little bit overboard with my post. Again sorry...

-Spike

I can't believe people will fight about this.
We all have our opinions, and we all know that arguing isn't going to change anyone's opinions, so why bother? Cutting is a personal thing. Some people get it and some people don't. Not worth fighting about.

Sygy said:
yes people all have different opinions but they should voice it in ways which are agressive and insulting to others.
Um, Sygy? Um, really? I think you did a typo there. Just pointing that out because that doesn't make any sense to me.

As I contemplated the nature of this thread, I could not help but notice how talking about such things can so easily degenerate into e-rage.

Socrates was quoted to say "The unexamed life is not worth living."

Case in point, "cutting", or the action of slicing ones wrist is an outward manifestation of an inner depression, rage, sadness or sense of loss, grief, strife or suicidal tendancies. Cutting in itself is not normal. The human beast instinctually has two reactions to pain: kill whatever hurt me, or run away from whatever hurt me. Now, logically, if the person hurting you is yourself, you either end up realizing what the problem is and stopping, or going entirely too far and taking your own life.

I would like to get the general consensus on stereotypes for "cutters".

From my own experiences, the worst "cutters" are usually females, aged 14-19. In my many observances, I have found that most of these females are manic depressive, victim of a secret or dark childhood. Also popular is the inability to vent anger or frustration or a sense of great loss. One female I was helping was 17 and a manic depressive whos father died and she was dumped by the only boyfriend she ever had. Rather than getting over it, the problems became cumulative and enlargened. Her ability to deal with stresses and with the sense of being overwhelmed became too much for her. She grabbed a shaving razor andslid it make and forth all up from her wrists to her elbows. The scars remain today; and so does the medical bill.

Another observance: most "cutters" are these "emo" children people refer to. These are people who concentrate so wholly on the pains of growing up, the angst, and the pain of being in the world. Most emo children are the ones who put too much faith in a crush, got the hearts stomped on and in a defensive maneuver, decided to listen to loud aggressive music, wear black attire and be emotionally afraid of being hurt again. So they become this wall of resentment while secretly they are just a scared, misunderstood kid with a knife in their hands and to them the best relief is to watch the blood flow.

One last thing: most men to not cut. A simple reasoning to that comes basically down to the mans ego. Funny, perhaps, but innately true. For instance a guy loses his girlfriend to another he really hates. What does the guy do? Cut himself to death? No. I will tell you why. Every guy, in their own mind is a champion. Every guy is a super hero with no superpowers, so in order to get his girlfriend back he would want to do something along the lines of weight training, boxing, martial arts etc etc... What I am saying is, the instinctual male sees competition to be defeated, and once so convinced of this does nothing else until the problem is resolved either way. Men are to OUTWARDLY angry and violent to cause INWARD pain. Think of it this way when a guy gets broken up with he thinks "Well, I am either going to have to beat the **** out of the guy that took her from me, or make myself better than both of them and get someone better." Whereas, a girl would think "What the **** is wrong with me? I'm such a bitch, my own boyfriend hated me so much as to dump me. I don't get it, AAArrrgggghhh. I'm ****ed up, I'm worthless, just a piece of **** dumb bitch." Where a guy is most likely to beat on a punching bag for an hour, a girl is more likely to lock herself in a dark room, put on something like Evanescence and take a knife to herself.

Hey, perhaps these observations do not apply to you. Maybe I am just generalizing, but in 19 years of life experience, living in 5 provinces and 2 states, attending 14 different schools and being raised in a media/consumer based society, as well as having the powers of observation, I've learned a thing or two. Take what you can from my ramblings, and kids...do not cut yourselves, the ball of pain only keeps rolling until it takes you with it over the cliff, or off that bridge or to that bottle of pills. You get the idea. Just do not cut.

Back