Dasa vs Barker dyno runs

whoppes27

Thought I would post this up to add to the new form. These were back to back runs with a dasa pipe and a barker pipe. Dyno conditions could have been much better but regardless it still shows the difference in the pipes.

Mods at the time were:
2006 450r
ss/sb
Racers Edge port with +1 valves x4
crf head gasket
Web fbc 208/921
13.5 cp piston
42.5 fcr taper bored
110 sunoco
Stock intake with a k&n

Green/red are Dasa
Black/blue are Barker

stdruns-1.jpg

wonder if the shorty dasa would show any improvemnt?

I bet it would pick up 1-2 hp but the dunes I ride in MI require a spark arrestor and they also have sound restrictions (stupid, I know) they have been letting me slide by without a quite core though. If I have the pipe cut it might be too loud.

Since these runs Ive been tuning it on e85, removed the air box, added an fci intake, and replaced the completely worn out chain that was on it. If I'm not in the upper 50's to 60 I'd be pretty disappointed.

Shortys show improvement on some motors but not all. seems to be that not all motors like the shorty. Would be interested in seeing though.

Good comparison.

Yea john almost gave me a cut dasa for this test instead of full length can but we thought this would be more fair for a comparison. If John runs them with his port work and motors very similar to mine, I would expect a cut dasa would show a gain on my build, but your right, unless I tested it theres no way of knowing.

Back