Define:living

Don't know what life is about.. we're just hamsters in a cage..

Living is I guess.. surving other people, not let them kick you down like they want you to..

I see life as kinda a journey. But the aim of life is to enjoy.

So my aim is to do well at school, yes its boring. But i will ONLY rest and think i have achieved full life when im in my jakuzi with somke wine with my wife and kids. Then I will ejoy 'life'

as for dying. yea the end of the journey. as for an afterlife... There is part of me that dont believe but hope that it does, so its believable in my head. Try and make sense of what ive just put lol

life to me is pointless,but the point of it is to be pointless
you just get to learn alot of stuff and teach people things
then you die,with life there is no winner or loser
i mean we all won atleast something by being born you know like with reproduction there could of been so many different possiblities yet the result was an individual.

who cares about life, just live it.

Dictionary Definition:

1 Possessing life: famous living painters; transplanted living tissue.
2 In active function or use: a living language.
3 Of persons who are alive: events within living memory.
4 Relating to the routine conduct or maintainance of life: improved living conditions in the city.
5 Full of life, interest, or vitality: made history a living subject.
6 True to life; realistic: the living image of her mother.
7 Informal. Used as an intensive: beat the living hell out of his opponent in the boxing match.

Well, as said on a Malcom in the Middle episode:
Question: "If you don't believe in Heaven, then where do good and bad people get rewarded and punished?"
Reply:"Right here on Earth if I have anything to say about it!"
~I think that means... life is over-rated... at least that's what I think.

For me, I say... If you get up in the morning, and move around with a beating heart, you're alive... Technically, I don't think you need to be alive inside... I'm not, but I'm 'living' in everyones eyes. My goal has always been to get rid of feelings, and I'm pretty close. Happiness, joy, ect, all gone... Now for depression, anger, saddness....

Now think... If you really stop to think, just STOP, and don't do anything... you wonder why you are on Earth, why you're here, and how you got here... Mormans (yes, I'm one of them...) have pretty good explanations... but there are many better scientific reasons. And maybe there is no Heaven, you just rot and die when the brain and heart stop fuctioning.

Now I feel like a sinner going to Hell...

I heard somewhere that living is the slowest form of suicide. I'm not really too happy how my life has gone so far so i'll stick to that.

This thread really depends on how you look at it. You cannot define life; everyone's view will be different whether their pessimistic, optimistic, or realistic. The glass can either be half full, half empty, or 'what water? cmon, i was thirsty'

life.. living.. being alive.

3 things that are totally different, to me.

life- life... is just how things happen. everything has life in it. whether it moves, breathes, speaks or not.

being alive- you're here. on earth. until you die, of course. you feel things, see things, hear things.. stuff like that.

living- my favorite. living is the ability to cast all worries aside and live for the moment. forget about the past.. take the word "future" out of your vocabulary. the now is all that matters. i love love love to be spontaneous. thinking about things that have already happened or that should/might happen completely ruins the whole point of living. you have choices to make. choices to love, hate, be against things, for things, do things that you promised someone you wouldn't... just do it. consequences are ****. thats what makes it fun! it's not fun unless it's wrong. but if you get away with it, it's the best feeling in the world. oh- and for god's sake. have no regrets. what you decide to do then and there are the things that mold and shape you into the amazing person you are. and yes, we are all amazing. so stop worrying about ****.. just live.

djwakka said:
I heard somewhere that living is the slowest form of suicide. I'm not really too happy how my life has gone so far so i'll stick to that.

This thread really depends on how you look at it. You cannot define life; everyone's view will be different whether their pessimistic, optimistic, or realistic. The glass can either be half full, half empty, or 'what water? cmon, i was thirsty'

i was just asking for opinions. sorry if this thread bothered you.
I needed some answers.. or to find some other ways to look at 'life'...

djwakka said:
I heard somewhere that living is the slowest form of suicide.
It almost is. It's the 2nd slowest. Loving is, by far, the very slowest form ever. I'm sure the majority of us are very slowly, and painfully, dieing. Inside and out... I am....

I dont think you're gonna get one common answer for this question cause they isn't one.
I believe that we live because of a reason, like a task...hard to explain cause I dont usually discuss this things with anyone :rolleyes:

Back