Do women manipulate men?

Is communication between people based on spelling or understanding?

I am the first to admit I screw up spelling all the time, but at the same time what I say is easy to understand so as long as I get my point made, I really do not care if it upsets those who try to be the spelling police on the internet.

;)

timesjoke said:
Is communication between people based on spelling or understanding?

I am the first to admit I screw up spelling all the time, but at the same time what I say is easy to understand so as long as I get my point made, I really do not care if it upsets those who try to be the spelling police on the internet.

;)

If we were having this conversation over, let's say a cup of coffee, would you pronounce "guilt" as "quilt"?

RoyalOrleans said:
If we were having this conversation over, let's say a cup of coffee, would you pronounce "guilt" as "quilt"?

Depends on where I am from in the world....right? Ever listen to an Asian say "fried rice"?

But we can play the what-if all day long, we are not speaking, we are writing and what I wrote was understandable......I have never understood people who try to be the spelling police on the internet.

Besides, I knew what I was saying, I just hit the wrong key so in a verbal conversation over a cup of coffee, you would have heard the correct word, just because I misspell the word that does not mean I would pronounce the word wrong.

timesjoke said:
Depends on where I am from in the world....right? Ever listen to an Asian say "fried rice"?

But we can play the what-if all day long, we are not speaking, we are writing and what I wrote was understandable......I have never understood people who try to be the spelling police on the internet.

Besides, I knew what I was saying, I just hit the wrong key so in a verbal conversation over a cup of coffee, you would have heard the correct word, just because I misspell the word that does not mean I would pronounce the word wrong.

So....... by that rationale you're just a blathering, rambling jackass?

You just talk to hear yourself speak?

You don't think before you speak?

RoyalOrleans said:
So....... by that rationale you're just a blathering, rambling jackass?

You just talk to hear yourself speak?

You don't think before you speak?

No I hit the wrong key.....some humans call it a mistake or an error.....I guess to you it is the end of the world.

Was my hitting the wrong key really deserving of so much attention from you RO?

Maybe your the one who is the rambling jackass?

Clearly you do love to see yourself type, by the way just a small observation I would like to point out.........

we are not speaking........

If your going to be so critical of me hitting a wrong key, then the least you can do is use the right word to describe the kind of communication we are using.

Wrong is wrong.......quilt is not guilt....and writing is not speaking, I guess we were both humans and capable of making mistakes after all, nice to have a soul mate who messes up just like I do sometimes. ;)

timesjoke said:
No I hit the wrong key.....some humans call it a mistake or an error.....I guess to you it is the end of the world.

Was my hitting the wrong key really deserving of so much attention from you RO?

Maybe your the one who is the rambling jackass?

Clearly you do love to see yourself type, by the way just a small observation I would like to point out.........

we are not speaking........

If your going to be so critical of me hitting a wrong key, then the least you can do is use the right word to describe the kind of communication we are using.

Wrong is wrong.......quilt is not guilt....and writing is not speaking, I guess we were both humans and capable of making mistakes after all, nice to have a soul mate who messes up just like I do sometimes. ;)

Blah blah blah blah....

You sound like a c nt... that is if you and I were having this conversation in person over a nice cup of coffee.

Since we are exchanging in conversation over the ding dang Internet, I can say that you probably sound like a c nt.

RoyalOrleans said:
Blah blah blah blah....

You sound like a c nt... that is if you and I were having this conversation in person over a nice cup of coffee.

Since we are exchanging in conversation over the ding dang Internet, I can say that you probably sound like a c nt.

Again, this is written, not spoken so no sound, please try to keep up, lol.

You already messed up RO, you tried to play spelling police and then followed up with using the worng word to describe our discussion method...twice. Your smarter than that ;)

Better luck next time.

timesjoke said:
Again, this is written, not spoken so no sound, please try to keep up, lol.

You already messed up RO, you tried to play spelling police and then followed up with using the worng word to describe our discussion method...twice. Your smarter than that ;)

Better luck next time.

Hey... I'm not the one who used a "Q" instead of a "G".

I mean, Jesus H Christ, man, how far are the letters from each other on the keyboard?

RoyalOrleans said:
Hey... I'm not the one who used a "Q" instead of a "G".

I mean, Jesus H Christ, man, how far are the letters from each other on the keyboard?

And is speaking the same thing as typing?

You don't know the difference?

timesjoke said:
And is speaking the same thing as typing?

You don't know the difference?

When you type your little response, it is called typing, but, when you click on "SUBMIT REPLY", in this forum, it becomes a conversation.

Never opine short of certainty.

RoyalOrleans said:
When you type your little response, it is called typing, but, when you click on "SUBMIT REPLY", in this forum, it becomes a conversation.

Never opine short of certainty.

But it is a written conversation, not a verbal one, you kept saying speak, we are not speaking. I may have messed up by hitting a key by mistake but at least Iwas trying to use the right word, you sir didn't even have their right word.

Look, you unfortunately lost this one, now your tryign to climb out of the hole you made, time to drop it and try again another day.

But this is what happens to those who try to be overly critical of spelling on the internet, we all mess up, it is called being human.

timesjoke said:
But it is a written conversation, not a verbal one, you kept saying speak, we are not speaking. I may have messed up by hitting a key by mistake but at least Iwas trying to use the right word, you sir didn't even have their right word.

Look, you unfortunately lost this one, now your tryign to climb out of the hole you made, time to drop it and try again another day.

But this is what happens to those who try to be overly critical of spelling on the internet, we all mess up, it is called being human.

Did you read my posts at all, dipsh!t?

timesjoke said:
You mean this post:

When did we ever speak RO?

when I read thru these posts, I "hear" timesjokes replies in the voice of Steve Urkel

View attachment 2404

Attachments

• 70c4ba4935bc37474793de4dd7a8c4e3.jpg
    70c4ba4935bc37474793de4dd7a8c4e3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 8
eddo said:
when I read thru these posts, I "hear" timesjokes replies in the voice of Steve Urkel
And when you post I "hear" Fran Drescher :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZWGR8NmwY]YouTube - Fran Dresher Remix[/ame]

I believe that is eddo on the right.....

timesjoke said:

speak

4. a. To make a statement in writing: The biography speaks of great loneliness.

3. b. to express in writing.

5. a. To convey a message by nonverbal means: Actions speak louder than words.

You spoke to RO when you addressed him, hit submit, and asked that question.. just like he told you.. dumf ck..

You lost.. so.. shut the hell up

timesjoke said:
Both, it all depends on what your doing I suppose. If you manipulate someone into doing the "right" thing like not killing a baby, then I suppose that is clever and even good. If your manipulating someone to serve your own ego, or to hurt someone then your bad.

I see. So this discussion has nothing to do whatsoever in casting manipulation/manipulators in either a positive or negative light. It only serves to add another label to a specific group.

Women = manipulators.

Got it. God forbid we view one another as individuals rather than products of gross stereotypes.

timesjoke said:

What, this dispute is some kind of a contest? And you're arrogant enough to declare YOURSELF the "winner"? What's the grand prize....a fukking quilt?

Ghey.

On the upside....hey RO, I think you may have found yourself a new arch! ;)

eddo said:

Dear God, man!

That's a character I have repressed over the years! My exwife loved, I mean, absolutely loved ABC's TGIF lineup! She would forgo all other activities to watch Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, et. al.

Now.... I can't get Urkel's nasally voice out of my head.

Thanks.

timesjoke said:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/speak said:
VERB

to speak (third-person singular simple present speaks or (archaic) speaketh, present participle speaking, simple past spoke or (archaic) spake, past participle spoken)

(intransitive) To communicate with one's voice, to say words out loud.
I was so surprised I couldn't speak.
You're speaking too fast.

(intransitive) To have a conversation.
It's been ages since we've spoken.

(by extension) To communicate or converse by some means other than orally, such as writing or facial expressions.
He spoke of it in his diary
Speak to me only with your eyes.
I just spoke with them on IRC.
Actions speak louder than words.

(intransitive) To deliver a message to a group; to deliver a speech.
This evening I shall speak on the topic of correct English usage.

(transitive) To be able to communicate in a language.
I was so surprised that I couldn't speak a word.
He speaks Mandarin fluently.

That is, to further wez' definiition of speak.

Back