Dune Tires ?

quadnut

I fixxing to make a trek to the sand dunes and was wondering what you guys thought about the Skat Trak Edges ?? I`m runnin haulers now but have a chance to pick up a set of Edges cheap ! I don`t see many of the regular dune riders on here runnin them ! Any reason ? Oh crap I frickin posted this in the wrong section Sorry guys !!LOL late nite

I had ITP Sand Stars for a long time before I bought some haulers, kinda close I guess. The v paddles LOVE to slide, almost too much for me, but they were a blast as far as just goofing around in the flat stuff. I ride mostly cruising through the dunes and only occasionally drag racing, but I like the haulers a lot better and will not be going back.

I run them in a 20-10-8 on my ltr and they arnt a bad tire, just don't expect to win any drag races with it. I like them becouse they are a very predictable tire, especially for jumping. My gliders like to kick my a little sideways at the lip sometimes but the edge shoots me streight almost every time. Hope this helps

I like personally think that the edge is more of a jumping, duning tire. It is easier to turn/slide with a v paddle than a streight paddle. A streight paddle is better for hill shooting and dragging. I run 14 paddle gliders on my Honda and I love them. I run them on the ltr sometimes and I can tell it runs a lot quicker up the hill with them, but it's really squirlie on the jumps. What kind of riding do you plan on doing?

I like personally think that the edge is more of a jumping, duning tire. It is easier to turn/slide with a v paddle than a streight paddle. A streight paddle is better for hill shooting and dragging. I run 14 paddle gliders on my Honda and I love them. I run them on the ltr sometimes and I can tell it runs a lot quicker up the hill with them, but it's really squirlie on the jumps. What kind of riding do you plan on doing?
I`m not a jumper or drag racer Just enjoy ridin sand !! Ive always use my haulers 21-12-8 for everything ! Just lookin to try something different !

Back