Dunlop stopping ATV tire production

D

Deven

I have not been able to find any facts on this either way but I cannot see this happening. A lot of the OEMs use Dunlops on their quads. This is easy guaranteed sales.

I hope I can find more for an answer. Never bought a set myself but Im sure someone likes them.

Damn and we've reported it first here!! :icon_lol:

I could see possibly Goodyear, the owners of Dunlop, taking it over, but not putting a hault on it all together.

I have not been able to find any facts on this either way but I cannot see this happening. A lot of the OEMs use Dunlops on their quads. This is easy guaranteed sales.

I hope I can find more for an answer. Never bought a set myself but Im sure someone likes them.

Tires were the first thing I changed when I bought my 05 R Although a good tire for tracks but for woods I have had no luck with them !JMO LOl

BRP uses Carlisles and ITP's. Arctic Cat uses Maxxis on alot of their utility quads now.. I could see it.

Anyone on here go for Dunlop when they go aftermarket? I know I've never sold one unless I need a wonky 3 wheeler tire or somethin like that..

there is a good dunlop tire but for the money you pay for it you might as well buy a better tire. it looks alot like the iRazr, the kt355

i had kt355a's, bought 3 sets of them when motosport had them on sale. they were selling them for $150 for all 4 tires and free shipping! I get whatever tire is decent and reasonably priced, i've never paid full price for tires that's a waste of money. the name brand tires are like $80 per tire.....not worth it. My last purchase was for 2 sets of artrax rear tires, they were $50 a piece.

good dunlops suck somethin fierce. they hook up alright brand new then they round off just slightly and they immediately suck. there are a lot more tire manufacturers out there with some cheap generic lookin tread that hook up better than dunlops that im sure a lot of atv manufacturers have considered

i had kt355a's, bought 3 sets of them when motosport had them on sale. they were selling them for $150 for all 4 tires and free shipping! I get whatever tire is decent and reasonably priced, i've never paid full price for tires that's a waste of money. the name brand tires are like $80 per tire.....not worth it. My last purchase was for 2 sets of artrax rear tires, they were $50 a piece.

artraxs are the only tire i will buy from now on lol they are so cheap and they hook up like a son of a bitch

yeah, i've been happy with mine so far, even though some of the guys on the org were bashing them.....hrrrmmhrrrmmm Ziblich. Did i say that? Is he here? lol, totally kidding.

dun who?? lol i havent bought dirt tires since 2003 an that was for my 3 wheeler lol as long as paddles are still bein made im not trippin lol

Yeah there are more and more brands coming out that just need to build up a bit of a reputation and I'm sure even ITP will one day be counted out of the tire game. Even for Utility quads no one is buying dunlops. ITP had a HUGE flair out when the Mudlite came around. Now it's on its way out, you see brands coming out with tires like the Black Mamba and Mudzilla's..

I'll never buy another ITP tire, but once I start hearing more from brands like GBC that you only see in Magazines, never at the dealership, I'll most likely head in that direction. This also applies for the tires listed above recently.

Back