Game Suggestions

So what happened to the 8 ball tournament? Did someone win it and now it's gone?

And we got enough members here. Everybody should break down and sign up for the Yahtzee tourney.
Lets see...

IWS
RO
Atlantic
emkay
Old Salt
bender
Cloaked

Come on guys.
I know all of you have enough time to roll a few die.

snafu said:
And we got enough members here. Everybody should break down and sign up for the Yahtzee tourney.
Lets see...

IWS
RO
Atlantic
emkay
Old Salt
bender
Cloaked

Come on guys.
I know all of you have enough time to roll a few die.

I honestly don't know how to play, Yahtzee.

ImWithStupid said:
I honestly don't know how to play, Yahtzee.

Are you serious? It's like trying to get poker hands but you get them with dies. It's real easy to learn if you know how to play five card draw. We need to ask hugo how he got his score because it has to do with a lot of luck.

The bowling tournament is still stuck. If it can't be fixed maybe we can delete it and do another one.

And we need some more people to play Yahtzee. It's not rocket sience and mostly luck so I think you chicken s can sign up. ;)

Old Salt said:
OK, Snaf. You shamed me into it. I've joined the Yahtzee tournament.:eek:

Okay thanks. Now there ya go. If Old Salt can break down I'm sure we can get three more low lifes to join in.;)

I wish we could get a Off Topic Forum Fantasy Football League going.

I'm in, if anyone wants to help organize it.

RoyalOrleans said:

Oh man. That sounds like fun! That's about the only way I get into football. I had an old program but it's obsolete now. If someone wants to find a free or cheap one I'm game. I'll even keep track of the stats or what ever it takes.

Here's one from ESPN

ESPN FFL 2008: Rules: Create League (Free)

We wouldn't have much time and we would need at least ten teams.
Since we're short of time we could just do the auto draft.

I think this would be a blast! But we only have about a week if we wanted to pull this off.

RoyalOrleans said:

I'd be in.. I got a good scoring system..

I was thinking too that we could just do a pick em each week for bragging rights..

Whoever wants to play just picks a line up each week rather than draft teams and stuff .. be a lot easier too, wouldn't have to prepare nothing.. Just pick whoever you think would have the best week.. We could each have some of the same guys.. No biggie, the teams would differ somewhere..

Pick a line up each week of..
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR or TE
1 kicker
1 defense/team

scoring is
3 pts TD pass
6 pts rush/recieving TD
2 point for guy crossing goal line for a 2 pt conversion

Yardage bonus
2 pts for 200 yards passing and 2 for every 50 after
2 pts 50 rush/receiving yards and 2 for every 25 after

kicker
3 for a FG
1 for a EP

Defense/special teams
6 for defensive TD/punt/kick return
2 pts for a saftey
9 pts for a shutout
7 pts for 1-9 pts against
5 for 10 - 19 pts against
3 for 20 - 29 pts against
0 for anything over 30

Be fun.. we could all just post line ups here in a new thread each week...Plus people could just jump in and out if they don't wanna do it each week..We could set it up in the community forum. Just get a line up in by 5 min. before kickoff.

If there's a Thurs. or Sat game just declare those players by 5 min. before kickoff..

So we wouldn't have any head to head games.. everyone plays everyone else each week.. High score takes it..

I'd really like to have a draft and our own teams but getting everything together in such a short time seems impossible. I think your idea is pretty good wez.

snafu said:
I'd really like to have a draft and our own teams but getting everything together in such a short time seems impossible. I think your idea is pretty good wez.

Its fun.. A draft and league would be great but would be hard to get going now.. We would need at least 10.. preferably 12.. Lets keep that in mind and get a dozen and do a full blown league next year..

Drafting is half the fun.. kinda suck to have a computer do it.. prolly take several hours to do one too.. But we could for sure next year. Hopefully get some new members by then too that would be interested.

Me and other guys I play ff with used to do them on the side a lot too.. everyone tosses in $10 , picks a line up and high score wins it.. We can do it for bragging rights here on the site. Scoring is easy enough.

I think the biggest problem with your idea though is you really have to be football savvy. I haven't kept up with the times and unless you have access to all the games you won't be able to evaluate all the players.
With an auto draft, us football morons can have a chance and anybody can play.
Just a thought.

Input people.. we need input!!!

snafu said:
I think the biggest problem with your idea though is you really have to be football savvy. I haven't kept up with the times and unless you have access to all the games you won't be able to evaluate all the players.
With an auto draft, us football morons can have a chance and anybody can play.
Just a thought.

Spoken like a true bleeding heart, liberal commie. :rolleyes:

hehehehe :p

You can access all the games on CBS here..

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/scoreboard

and from there can click on game center on game days to see all the games in live scoring as well as all the stats as they happen..

With the NFL season darkening the proverbial door, I have to say that a full blown draft would be a disaster and a headache.

Right now, we are just four people with an interest in starting a league. Thus, wez' idea might be best suited for an "off the cuff" or "all of a sudden" league. Then recruit others to participate in the real deal next season.

Alternatively, we could do a full blown draft. I mean, Yahoo! Sports practically does all the work of the draft for you.

That said, I am down with whatever the consensus will be.

RoyalOrleans said:
With the NFL season darkening the proverbial door, I have to say that a full blown draft would be a disaster and a headache.

Right now, we are just four people with an interest in starting a league. Thus, wez' idea might be best suited for an "off the cuff" or "all of a sudden" league. Then recruit others to participate in the real deal next season.

Alternatively, we could do a full blown draft. I mean, Yahoo! Sports practically does all the work of the draft for you.

That said, I am down with whatever the consensus will be.

You guys'll like it.. it'll be fun. You get to pick an allstar line up every week...

Posted a thread in the community forum.. just post the line ups in there.

Back