GI Guilty in Iraqi's Suffocation - Read the link and then vote...

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
I think you don't have a valid argument on any of this. You are just full of hot air chest pounding false patriotism bullshit. I think you are Machiavellian in your look on things; that the end result somehow justifies the means.

The best one you did there was "Likewise Chief Warrant Officer Lewis Welshofer Jr. wanted to save lives. "

I heard this before, in a movie with Jack Nicholson; remember A Few Good Men? "You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives...You ****in' people. You have no idea how to defend a nation. All you did was weaken a country today, Kaffee. That's all you did. You put people's lives in danger. Sweet dreams, son. "

I bet you cried when they took Jack Nicholson's character into custody and led him out the courtroom.

Common decency, honor, and ethics disgust you don't they? They get in your way of how you think wars should be fought.

By the way, just because I said some of the men in the government, the military and intelligence service of this nation are unethical monsters, doesn't mean I hate my country or that it is a pile of ****. Your penchant for hyperbole knows no limits does it? Calling a "spade" a "spade" does not make me an America hater; something I surely am not.
No, Moron... MOST of us don't equate MOVIES with REALITY (especially not characters in a FICTION compared to REAL PEOPLE getting their heads cut off)...

Last time I looked at a Lakers game, there was good old Jack, right there court-side (free as a bird)...

It is YOUR ability to NOT call EVIL, EVIL or TERRORISTS, TERRORISTS that is so hard to comprehend

Jhony5 said:
I don't see that as a hypocritical statement. He didn't say he would "torture" him. He said he would kill him, on the battlefield. Theres a big 'ol ****ing difference between killing a potentially armed enemy during an operation, and slowly torturing and killing a secured captive. BIG DIFFERENCE!
He DID say

Saddam wanted to surrender. He was asking for a deal. Not letting him out of his spider hole might not have been torture but it would've been blatant cold blooded murder.

Give it up CES and Jhony (I know your just trying to help CES). We might not have the best government but like wardmd said it's a whole lot better than any other one on the planet.

I still like that Patriotic chest pounding thing. What are you doing? Terrorist exoneration chest pounding?

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Please. Of all the places in the Middle East, the State of Qatar, where Al Jazeera is based, is not like that. Please do a little research and open up your mind to the possibility that the majority of Iraqi's and Arabs in general, donot view us as "helping".
I guess I should assume your information is coming straight from all of your Iraqi friends you have over there right now. Considering Qatar and Iraq are two different countries, how am I supposed to open my mind to their knowledge of the attitudes of a completely different country? That is like depending on Peru's new station to learn about US views on politics here. Just because the country is near them, doesn't mean the reporting is accurate or unbiased.

Not to mention that we have used more smart bombs ever used in any conflict.
For those of you who don't know what these are for, they are to minimize collateral damage. :rolleyes:
Yes CES you have the links in your signature on how much were spending on the war. Well that number could easily have been a whole lot less if we just used conventional bombs.

Give it up CES and Jhony (I know your just trying to help CES).

I think most of you know that it is not like me to be "agreeable" just for the sake of playing nice. What I type here is my honest opinion. If it coincides with what another member thinks, then thats just how it is. I'm not even sure whom I'm agreeing with, nor am I making an effort to agree with anyone.

It is wrong and dangerous for our GI's to be behaving in a manner that is in any way equivocal with Muslim behavior. Collateral damage we can be apologetic with and explain away without malice. As well it is not illegal in regards to international law. Torture and antagonistic harassment, both sexual and physical as has been seen, is illegal and suggest hypocrisy at its highest level. This war has torn our nation in every bit the same way as the Vietnam war, if not more.

I still like that Patriotic chest pounding thing. What are you doing? Terrorist exoneration chest pounding?

That was witty wasn't it? Sore spot for ya? I kid I kid. I don't side with the Iraqi insurgents, not in the least. But the inexcusable actions of some rogue Americans puts me in a queer position (huhuhuhuh I said queer huhuhuhuhu). I don't side with or against Bush to be honest. Hes a ****ing politician, thus hes a liar. Its in the job description.

That was witty wasn't it? Sore spot for ya? I kid I kid.

No it was quite funny and pretty much true.
I guess I do a lot of Patriotic chest pounding.
I think it is a sore spot for me for the fact that I'm arguing with a few well respected hero's (in my eyes) and I ****ed up my military time. I can't go back and change time but I can change my behavior and beliefs.
Maybe my views would be different if the Vietnam war was still going when I served. Who knows. I was only 17 but I wanted to go to war. Even though I don't think I really understood it.

View attachment 773

View attachment 774

As much as I would like to have helped wardmd, snafu and fullauto remove their respective heads from their asses, I am afraid their condition is hopeless.

But then again, perhaps I hoped for much more from the trio of ******* sons of whores who sucked sailor **** on the docks for pennies. :eek:

:p

Attachments

• e936f9b4ff9f7371461e82bb787e4d5a.jpg
    e936f9b4ff9f7371461e82bb787e4d5a.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 8e3250d898f080527cfd354f7a6a5e74.jpg
    8e3250d898f080527cfd354f7a6a5e74.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
Cogito Ergo Sum said:
View attachment 775

View attachment 776

As much as I would like to have helped wardmd, snafu and fullauto remove their respective heads from their asses, I am afraid their condition is hopeless.

But then again, perhaps I hoped for much more from the trio of ******* sons of whores who sucked sailor **** on the docks for pennies. :eek:

that's good... Mom jokes... real clever...

I have to go... I'll let you get back to your grapenuts..

Attachments

• e936f9b4ff9f7371461e82bb787e4d5a.jpg
    e936f9b4ff9f7371461e82bb787e4d5a.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 8e3250d898f080527cfd354f7a6a5e74.jpg
    8e3250d898f080527cfd354f7a6a5e74.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 16
Cogito Ergo Sum said:

We hoped for more than pety insults; but as we've noted in the past, when you (and those like you), don't have FACTS on your side, you attack the messenger.

Chanting Bumper Sticker slogans is NOT an argument... But don't let that stop you - chant away.

wardmd said:
We hoped for more than pety insults; but as we've noted in the past, when you (and those like you), don't have FACTS on your side, you attack the messenger.

Chanting Bumper Sticker slogans is NOT an argument... But don't let that stop you - chant away.

Oh yes, bumber sticker slogans are the mainstay staple diet from the ultra-right. That and American flags, colored ribbons, GW stickers, etc.... :p

From my perspective, facts are on my side and I have laid waste to your position. When logical thought, reason and persuasion fails to convince, as I have tried to do with you, all that is left is a little tongue in cheek mudslinging ("ad hominem" - something you yourself use quite well) and the moving forward onto new topics. :D

Sarcasm is wasted on people like you...you miss the meaning every time.:rolleyes:

The fact of the mater is we are both entrenched in our respective positions, and "facts" are subjective at best, and perhaps riddled with opinion depending upon perspective and which side of the argument you are on. Nothing either of us says is going to sway the other and that's just the way it is. It's called DEADLOCK.

So sit back from your keyboard, take a deep breath, let it out and RELAX. Call me a name or two; I don't get mad, it makes me laugh. Tori does it to me frequently, the Queen Bitch.

Just because I think you are a stupid warmongering unable to think for yourself head up your ass Imperialistic ******* in relation to this particular topic, doesn't mean I don't like you or want to discuss other issues with you.

Even the most pathetic asswipes sometimes have interesting points of view. Even you! :cool:

The fact of the mater is we are both entrenched in our respective positions, and "facts" are subjective at best, and perhaps riddled with opinion depending upon perspective and which side of the argument you are on. Nothing either of us says is going to sway the other and that's just the way it is. It's called DEADLOCK.
Well I guess I'll have to agree with you on this one.

Even the most pathetic asswipes sometimes have interesting points of view. Even you!

And I guess this gets me of the hook. :cool: In your eyes anyway!

Oh, you can't just let it hang like that, you guys.

**** me drunk. Hamas gets voted in. Sworn enemy of the state, part of the axis of evil, and a Shiite Islamist alliance has won in Iraq, giving power to clerics in Iran.

Democracy spreading (the third excuse for bombing the **** out of Iraq) has created more **** and strife than anybody could have anticipated.

Get a ****ing grip everybody. now you want to bomb some other ****s?

How much **** do you want raining down on you next year? :cool:

But builder...you don't understand. You must be a pinko liberal.

We're fighting the Terrorists. You know, the Terrorists. Yeah, Terrorists.

Prez Bushie says so.

We have to defend America from the Terrorists. We do this by going to other people's countries and helping them. Yeah, we take away their dictator who we used to support then bomb the living **** out of them wherever we feel like it and claim that it's "military targets", even private homes and daycare centers. It's a good gig. We have legions of rubber stampers who do nothing but applaud and congratulate the Prez and his policies.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world hates us, recruitment for extreme causes is at an all time high, suicide bombers can be found a dozen at a time, and not one Arab in the world other than the **** sucking Saudis gives a **** about America as a nation other than our pocketbook.

Damn Terrorists. Damn Terrorists.

BTW. Where did all of these Terrorists come from anyway? They sure have been good for Halliburton. :eek:

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Tori does it to me frequently, the Queen Bitch.
Demi-Mod asswipe...

builder said:
now you want to bomb some other ****s?
How much **** do you want raining down on you next year? :cool:
We were thinking about targeting Australia next. We figure their puny little 'military' can't rain down too much ****.

Back